How to use the Billion 8800NL as just a modem

Discussions for BiPAC 8800 series: 8800NL, 8800NLR2, 8800AXL, 8800AXLR2
chrisoldroyd

How to use the Billion 8800NL as just a modem

Post by chrisoldroyd »

I am getting a bit confused and could do with some help on how to set this up please. I already have as very robust wireless network using an ASUS router that I was using with a satellite modem. I have now switched to Plusnet ADSL and would like to keep my network intact but just use the Billion 8800NL as a replacement for the satellite modem and connect that to the Asus router and use it as before.

Can someone tell me how I should set the Billion 8800NL up to achieve what I want and how do I access it afterwards to tweak my ADSL connection once it is in modem only mode?
Thanks
Chris :?:
billion_fan

Re: How to use the Billion 8800NL as just a modem

Post by billion_fan »

chrisoldroyd wrote:I am getting a bit confused and could do with some help on how to set this up please. I already have as very robust wireless network using an ASUS router that I was using with a satellite modem. I have now switched to Plusnet ADSL and would like to keep my network intact but just use the Billion 8800NL as a replacement for the satellite modem and connect that to the Asus router and use it as before.

Can someone tell me how I should set the Billion 8800NL up to achieve what I want and how do I access it afterwards to tweak my ADSL connection once it is in modem only mode?
Thanks
Chris :?:
Change the WAN type to 'Bridging' once done attach your asus router to 8800NL and dial in with PPPOE, you should still be able to access the modem on 192.168.1.254 (make sure the asus router runs on a different IP address)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
chrisoldroyd

Post by chrisoldroyd »

I believe the Asus router uses an IP address of 192.168.0.1 would that be ok?

Thanks
Chris
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

chrisoldroyd wrote:I believe the Asus router uses an IP address of 192.168.0.1 would that be ok?

Thanks
Chris
Yes that should be fine, you will have to change the IP address of the Billion to 192.168.0.2 to ensure you are within the same subnet, (makes it easier to access the 8800NL once set into bridge mode)
chrisoldroyd

Post by chrisoldroyd »

Thank you for your help, much appreciated
chrisoldroyd

Post by chrisoldroyd »

I have this all up and running now but was wondering if there is anyway to access the modems settings page? I want to tweak the snr but cant seen to access it.

Many Thanks

Chris
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

chrisoldroyd wrote:I have this all up and running now but was wondering if there is anyway to access the modems settings page? I want to tweak the snr but cant seen to access it.

Many Thanks

Chris
Setup your computer with a static IP on the same range as the 8800NL and you should be able to access the page on the IP address you have set eg 192.168.1.254