BiPAC 5200W how to set up static IP’s ?

Discussion for models not listed
Chang1974

BiPAC 5200W how to set up static IP’s ?

Post by Chang1974 »

Hi Folks,

I am sitting here in Thailand behind a 5200 W router and are desperately looking for a way to set up some static IP’s (linked to mac addresses) in order to have fixed IP’s for my wireless printer etc..

Usually, these kind of settings are to be found in the DHCP section of a router, but with the 5200 W I am unlucky, there is only the possibility to show the current pool of IP addresses but no way to set static IP addresses.

I would appreciate any clues and help.

Thank you

Chang
billion_fan

Re: BiPAC 5200W how to set up static IP’s ?

Post by billion_fan »

Chang1974 wrote:Hi Folks,

I am sitting here in Thailand behind a 5200 W router and are desperately looking for a way to set up some static IP’s (linked to mac addresses) in order to have fixed IP’s for my wireless printer etc..

Usually, these kind of settings are to be found in the DHCP section of a router, but with the 5200 W I am unlucky, there is only the possibility to show the current pool of IP addresses but no way to set static IP addresses.

I would appreciate any clues and help.

Thank you

Chang
I don't think the Bipac 5200W has a fixed host option, your only option is use a fixed IP address on the printer outside the DHCP range, to avoid IP conflicts
Chang1974

Re: BiPAC 5200W how to set up static IP’s ?

Post by Chang1974 »

Thank you billion_fan,

will will try it this way.