Billion 3100SN Hard Reset cannot gain access

Discussion for models not listed
dyslexiccsi

Billion 3100SN Hard Reset cannot gain access

Post by dyslexiccsi »

Hi

I bought a Billion 3100 SN wireless AP a while ago (2012) and have been using it successfully until a few months ago.
I had to reset it and now the power and ETH lights flash all the time, whenever I plug into a power source and I cannot reset it now matter what I try.
And I've tried the 30-30-30 method of resetting,
Holding the reset button in for 30 seconds, but no success
Since there is no connection to internet or anything with it, I cannot access settings online to reset it
Is there another way to do this, as I would prefer not to purchase a new unit since this one has worked well for me since I bought it
Any assistance would be appreciated

Thanks
D CSI
billion_fan

Re: Billion 3100SN Hard Reset cannot gain access

Post by billion_fan »

dyslexiccsi wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:54 pm Hi

I bought a Billion 3100 SN wireless AP a while ago (2012) and have been using it successfully until a few months ago.
I had to reset it and now the power and ETH lights flash all the time, whenever I plug into a power source and I cannot reset it now matter what I try.
And I've tried the 30-30-30 method of resetting,
Holding the reset button in for 30 seconds, but no success
Since there is no connection to internet or anything with it, I cannot access settings online to reset it
Is there another way to do this, as I would prefer not to purchase a new unit since this one has worked well for me since I bought it
Any assistance would be appreciated

Thanks
D CSI
Once you have turned on the 3100SN does the WLAN light come on and solid after a minute or so??
If it doesn't then the device has a hardware failure and you will need to look to purchase a replacement
dyslexiccsi

Re: Billion 3100SN Hard Reset cannot gain access

Post by dyslexiccsi »

No, a few seconds after I plug it into a wall socket, just the power and ETH lights blink, until I unplug it.
The WLAN light stays off, no blinking or solid anything. :(
Looks like I'll have to purchase a replacement.
Thanks for the assistance and info

Much appreciated :)