2 issues with 8700VAXL

Discussion for models not listed
maxxhaxx

2 issues with 8700VAXL

Post by maxxhaxx »

Hello all,

I know the 8700VAXL is not a UK model, but I am having some problems which may be setting related and perhaps someone here may know what to check to resolve the following 2 issues ( I assume most billion routers use the same or similar GUI - and there is no Australian tech forum anymore)

FYI - Router is configured to receive internet through the WAN port (via FTTH) and I am also using the VOIP functionality

Issue #1: If the internet drops or if I reset the FTTH box outside, the router will not re-connect automatically unless i power cycle it or run through quick start. Is there a setting I need to check to get it to auto-reconnect?

Issue #2: When playing online games (Division, ESO, WoW etc), suddenly online game stops receiving data - cant even establish connection with the launcher (eg battle.net will not connect). Can still web browse/ping (except for say speedtest.net that will get errors and wont be able to find a server to test with) and youtube still works as well. - this issue is the most annoying one! - have to power cycle both the FTTH box & router to fix issue (as router wont reconnect to FTTH for some reason after this occurs)

Thanks for taking the time to read this, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
billion_fan

Re: 2 issues with 8700VAXL

Post by billion_fan »

maxxhaxx wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:07 pm Hello all,

I know the 8700VAXL is not a UK model, but I am having some problems which may be setting related and perhaps someone here may know what to check to resolve the following 2 issues ( I assume most billion routers use the same or similar GUI - and there is no Australian tech forum anymore)

FYI - Router is configured to receive internet through the WAN port (via FTTH) and I am also using the VOIP functionality

Issue #1: If the internet drops or if I reset the FTTH box outside, the router will not re-connect automatically unless i power cycle it or run through quick start. Is there a setting I need to check to get it to auto-reconnect?

Issue #2: When playing online games (Division, ESO, WoW etc), suddenly online game stops receiving data - cant even establish connection with the launcher (eg battle.net will not connect). Can still web browse/ping (except for say speedtest.net that will get errors and wont be able to find a server to test with) and youtube still works as well. - this issue is the most annoying one! - have to power cycle both the FTTH box & router to fix issue (as router wont reconnect to FTTH for some reason after this occurs)

Thanks for taking the time to read this, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Please email support@billion.com as this is not a UK model, and we don't have support material or firmware for this device