3010ND - WPS Setup.

Discussion for models not listed
Thunderer

3010ND - WPS Setup.

Post by Thunderer »

I can't find out how to get 3010ND to link up to the 8800 AXL using WPS.

Can anyone help me, because I've been pressing the button on the router & the 3010ND but it doesn't link up in fact it does absolutely nothing!

Being used to the easy WPS method of other routers in the past this one is to say the least difficult and confusing.

Also where's the Ralink Wireless Utility?

TIA.
billion_fan

Re: 3010ND - WPS Setup.

Post by billion_fan »

Thunderer wrote:I can't find out how to get 3010ND to link up to the 8800 AXL using WPS.

Can anyone help me, because I've been pressing the button on the router & the 3010ND but it doesn't link up in fact it does absolutely nothing!

Being used to the easy WPS method of other routers in the past this one is to say the least difficult and confusing.

Also where's the Ralink Wireless Utility?

TIA.
The Ralink utility is on the CD that came with the device

You need to enable WPS on the router first before pressing the WPS button (we disabled WPS within the router, to stop brute force attacks)

So follow the attached screen shot, then press the WPS button, wait for the WPS light to turn on, then link the 3010ND to the 8800AXL
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thunderer

Post by Thunderer »

Thanks for that. I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

Still can't find that Ralink Utility though. There's something called WinPcap, but that does nothing. :?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Thunderer wrote:Thanks for that. I'll give it a shot and see what happens.

Still can't find that Ralink Utility though. There's something called WinPcap, but that does nothing. :?
Your right there doesn't seem to be the utility on the CD, (it should be there) I am checking with our engineers about that (hopefully they will provide me with a link to the utility)

Also its not the realink utility that is needed, its the Broadcom utility (as 3010ND uses the Broadcom chipset)
Thunderer

Post by Thunderer »

Oky Doky.

Thanks for your advice earlier, I now have two printers linked to the router. :D