5200S RC half bridge mode problem

Discussion for models not listed
JMWsystems

5200S RC half bridge mode problem

Post by JMWsystems »

Until the end of March, I was using a Draytek Vigor 2910VG as the main wired and wireless router in my home, connected to the Virgin Cable network via a Virgin modem. The Draytek supports dual WAN, and I also had a TalkTalk ADSL router (D-Link DSL-2680), which served the second WAN port. I use the DDNS facility on the Draytek to serve a couple of experimental websites and ftp access to my NAS. Virgin service has been poor for a couple of years, so I finally terminated the contract at the end of March, so that I am now only on TalkTalk. The TalkTalk router does not support updating my DDNS at DtDNS, so I looked for a half bridge modem to replace it, and found that the Bipac 5200S RC router is one of the few products on the market with that capability (the only other I could find was a ZOOM product, but it had very bad press on the web). The Billion router arrived on Wednesday, and I set it up in half bridge mode, and NAT disabled, that afternoon. As advertised, it relayed the ip address from TalkTalk to my Draytek, which updated my DtDNS domain names, and I could see my websites and FTP again. Unfortunately, when I tried out some other things, I had problems, particularly that streaming video from BBC News website, and iPlayer, halt after about 30 seconds, and don't resume, and that downloads above about 1 MB don't complete. Both these worked properly with the D-Link, and did so when I disabled half bridge mode on the Bipac. I have examined every setting I can think of, (and experimentally changed a few) without solving the problem. Does anyone on this forum have experience of this? (my Bipac has Firmware Version: 2.12.7.0(UE2.C3)3.12.17.0)
billion_fan

Re: 5200S RC half bridge mode problem

Post by billion_fan »

Have you tried to set the Bipac 5200SRC into Bridge mode (not half bridge mode) and then let your Draytek dail into the 5200SRC using PPPOE and your talktalk username and password?