4500NZ and CCTV

Discussion for models not listed
Clothahump

4500NZ and CCTV

Post by Clothahump »

Recently purchased a cctv system which is connected to the router, I can view and change settings etc from my pc with no problems. I am trying to set things up so I can view over the internet, I am pretty sure I need a fixed IP that will give me access. Is there an easy way to achieve this?
billion_fan

Re: 4500NZ and CCTV

Post by billion_fan »

Clothahump wrote:Recently purchased a cctv system which is connected to the router, I can view and change settings etc from my pc with no problems. I am trying to set things up so I can view over the internet, I am pretty sure I need a fixed IP that will give me access. Is there an easy way to achieve this?
Yes you are right you will need a fixed IP sim, as normal sims provided by EE, Vodafone etc will be doubled NATTED, once on a fixed sim you can port forward,(they normally provide you with a different APN, username and password, that will provide you with a static IP)
Clothahump

Post by Clothahump »

So no use me changing anything in config then?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Clothahump wrote:So no use me changing anything in config then?
Nope, as the ISP also NAT's the connection, and you can't get around their NAT unless you have static IP sim

(Another thing to try is with a three sim, with the apn - 3internet, username and password both blank) then enable remote access and see if you can access your WAN IP obtained from your three sim, (from a remote location) I think the IP might change also)
Clothahump

Post by Clothahump »

I am on three actually, reckon I best leave it alone. Don't want to mess up my internet access.