Bipac 2073 Failure to obtain IP address

Discussions for BiPAC Homplug products: P106N, P106R2, 2073N, 2074..etc
BryanW

Bipac 2073 Failure to obtain IP address

Post by BryanW »

Hello everyone - new poster on here so please be gentle.

I have two identical Billion 2073 powerline adaptors (the ones with wifi and antennas). These have worked well for some years. My set up is to have one "fed" by ethernet from the network and the other is remote and broadcasts a wifi signal.
Recently, the remote unit has stopped working. When trying to connect to it from my phone I get the message "failed to obtain ip address". The other one connected to the network is fine and I can connect to its wifi . I can also swap the units around and then the one that is now placed remotely sends out the same message. I have had the two units within a few feet of each other, have done a factory reset (by the pin and by accessing through the browser) and have "decoupled" and synced them several times. All the lights show as connected.
Can anyone suggest a remedy please. My suspicion is that there may be an issue with my Sky Q router which recently dropped some of its wired connections (via an 8 port switch) and had to be left to cool down for an hour before returning.

Thanks in advance.

Bryan
billion_fan

Re: Bipac 2073 Failure to obtain IP address

Post by billion_fan »

BryanW wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:40 pm Hello everyone - new poster on here so please be gentle.

I have two identical Billion 2073 powerline adaptors (the ones with wifi and antennas). These have worked well for some years. My set up is to have one "fed" by ethernet from the network and the other is remote and broadcasts a wifi signal.
Recently, the remote unit has stopped working. When trying to connect to it from my phone I get the message "failed to obtain ip address". The other one connected to the network is fine and I can connect to its wifi . I can also swap the units around and then the one that is now placed remotely sends out the same message. I have had the two units within a few feet of each other, have done a factory reset (by the pin and by accessing through the browser) and have "decoupled" and synced them several times. All the lights show as connected.
Can anyone suggest a remedy please. My suspicion is that there may be an issue with my Sky Q router which recently dropped some of its wired connections (via an 8 port switch) and had to be left to cool down for an hour before returning.

Thanks in advance.

Bryan
Best to login to both of them and check to see if the status page shows connected devices (screen shot attached)

Also check the powerline status, if nothing is listed there eg firmware then its failed (screen shot example attached)

As you reset them they will be on the same IP address 192.168.1.253, best to change the IP address of one of them to 192.168.1.252, to make things easier
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BryanW

Re: Bipac 2073 Failure to obtain IP address

Post by BryanW »

Thank you for that advice. I have connected to both devices and neither has anything listed under firmware etc so I must presume they will no longer work as powerline adaptors. That said they may have a use as wireless access points as they both are working fine if connected to an ethernet cable.
I have no complaints as they are obviously some years old and have served me well. I will need to replace them in due course but it does not appear that Billion make a similar product anymore. Does anyone have any suggestions for suitable replacements? (if that is permitted on a site dedicated to Billion products!). I am not interested in the latest claimed speeds just something that is solid, reliable and easy to set up.
Thanks once again for those taking the time to read this and respond.

Bryan