Problem extending network

Discussions for BiPAC Homplug products: P106N, P106R2, 2073N, 2074..etc
NorthernEagle

Problem extending network

Post by NorthernEagle »

I already have two 2071 homeplugs which are currently working fine. I wanted to extend the network to include my PS3 and plug in another wireless router upstairs to boost the range. To do this I bought two 2073 R2 homeplugs. However I cannot get the 2073s to connect to the network. If I take the 2071 connected to my desktop upstairs and connect it to the PS3 this works fine. I've done the obvious like synching them and resetting them but nothing seems to work. I connected my laptop via ethernet to one of the 2073s and ran the utility, it finds that plug but I can't get it to pick up an ip. Any help would be great. Thanks.
billion_fan

Re: Problem extending network

Post by billion_fan »

Try resetting all the homeplugs, they should sync up and the PLC light should come on.

Have you tried to use the 2073R2 without the 2071's?

To reset the devices you need to hold the reset button down for 2-3 seconds, the lights should flash on and off, to let you know you have reset the device.

If the devices are not synced you will not get a IP address from the router.
NorthernEagle

Post by NorthernEagle »

I tried putting all the plugs in one room and resetting and synching them with a 2071 connected to my router. I couldn't get either of the 2073s to sync they just flashed the power lights. I then plugged one of the 2073s into the router and tried again but with the same result. In fact the 2071s looked like they turned off as no lights were flashing. I then took one of the 2073s into another room and connected the laptop. At first there was still no connection and I shut the laptop down but after trying to sync them again the PLC lit and it worked. Unfortunately try as I might I cannot get the 2071s to sync with the 2073.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

If the power lights is just flashing with no other lights, this may mean that unit has gone into power saving mode.

You might need to connect a active ethernet connection to the unit, to get them to sync.