PLC link lights on but WPS not working

Discussions for BiPAC Homplug products: P106N, P106R2, 2073N, 2074..etc
wonderbudgie

PLC link lights on but WPS not working

Post by wonderbudgie »

Have both plugs syncd (well the power and PLC lights on both are lit). When I press the WPS button nothing happens - light remains off and Ipad/imac cannot detect homeplug. Have tried to log-in to the 192. URL and it just fails to connect. Homeplug is hard wired into Billion router. Any advice? Worked okay until recently.
billion_fan

Re: PLC link lights on but WPS not working

Post by billion_fan »

I would suggest not using the WPS function, causes more issues and easier to just connect to the AP and enter your security settings etc. Don't think the iPad support WPS.

I would first reset the device, hold the reset pin hole for 10 seconds while the unit is powered on (if the unit was switched off let it fully power up WLAN light should be on)

Then attempt to login to the web gui http://192.168.1.253 and setup your wireless again eg ESSID and wireless security.

Then connect the iMac/Ipad to the new ESSID you have just setup, everything should work fine from there on.
wonderbudgie

Post by wonderbudgie »

Sorry but previous post wasn't quite correct. Plug connected via ethernet cable has all 3 lights on Power, PLC & Ethernet. Second plug has Power and PLC light on but WLAN and ETH are off. When I try to connect to the 192. URL it just times out.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Have you tried to reset the 2073n?

There is a reset pin hole near the ethernet jack, press and hold the reset button for 10 seconds while the unit is powered on.

Once done check to see if the WLAN light comes back on
wonderbudgie

Post by wonderbudgie »

Thanks billion_fan. Reset and light now on an wireless detected but unfortunately still can't get into the 192. URL - times out - any ideas?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

I assume you want to setup wireless security on your device, if so please use the utility found on this link

http://www.billion.uk.com/esupport/inde ... ion-wizard

If you want to play around with the device, I think the reason why you cannot login to 192.168.1.253 is because your IP on your home network might be in a different range, you will need to set a static IP to your computer (eg 192.168.1.100) in the same range as the Billion Bipac 2073N and then you should be able to login to the device. Once logged in follow these steps.

1. Change the LAN IP to same range of network (eg 192.168.0.253) make sure the IP is set outside the DHCP range otherwise you will get IP conflicts. This will make accessing the unit easier in the future (no need to set static IP to your computer after this)
2. Make changes to wireless settings
3. Change your IP back to 'Obtain a IP address automatically' to get internet access.
4. Enjoy your Bipac 2073N

If you need further assistance, just let me know how far your got and issues you are having.

I hope this helps