Problem connecting Billion 8800NL R2 to a Amplifi HD

Discussions for BiPAC 8200 series VDSL modem /router: 8200AXL, 8206AZ, 8200M, 8200N
Ryraum

Problem connecting Billion 8800NL R2 to a Amplifi HD

Post by Ryraum »

To Start with, I am a thick, so please make your answers in plan language and not Tech speak.

Using EE broadband.

I have Billion 8800NL R2 which I would like to set in Bridge Mode and connect it to a Amplifi HD Mesh system

I can seem to get the Billion 8800NL R2, into bridge mode, but which port should I use.
Then which port on the Amplifi HD should I use as input from Billion 8800NL R2.

So, if anyone can help with simple instructions, it would be very much appreciated

Living in hope, all alone at home.

Cheers Dave
nickcbillion

Re: Problem connecting Billion 8800NL R2 to a Amplifi HD

Post by nickcbillion »

Hi Dave,
I've got a similar problem, trying to set up my billion to work with a mesh system - in my case Google Wi-fi. They are telling me the billion needs to be acting as a modem only. How did you set yours into bridge mode? I'm having trouble finding documentation about this.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Ryraum wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 7:56 am To Start with, I am a thick, so please make your answers in plan language and not Tech speak.

Using EE broadband.

I have Billion 8800NL R2 which I would like to set in Bridge Mode and connect it to a Amplifi HD Mesh system

I can seem to get the Billion 8800NL R2, into bridge mode, but which port should I use.
Then which port on the Amplifi HD should I use as input from Billion 8800NL R2.

So, if anyone can help with simple instructions, it would be very much appreciated

Living in hope, all alone at home.

Cheers Dave
Once in Bridging mode, you can use any of the LAN ports on the Billion to connect to your WAN port Amplifi HD

Then configure the Amplifi HD WAN port to PPPoE with your EE broadband username and password entered
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

nickcbillion wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:59 am Hi Dave,
I've got a similar problem, trying to set up my billion to work with a mesh system - in my case Google Wi-fi. They are telling me the billion needs to be acting as a modem only. How did you set yours into bridge mode? I'm having trouble finding documentation about this.
1.Login to the router
2. Click on Configuration WAN
3. Click on 'Edit' for the ATM >> PPPoA if you are on ADSL
3a. Click on on the 'Edit' button for the PTM >>> PPPoE interface if you are on a VDSL/Firbe/FTTC connection
4. Change the 'Type' to 'Bridging' (for a fibre connection make sure the '802.1P Priority' is set to 0 and the 802.1Q VLAN ID is set to 101'
5. Click on 'Apply'
6. Setup your google wifi WAN connection as specified by your ISP (as I don't know who you ISP is)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.