BT Total Broadband?

Discussions for BiPAC 8200 series VDSL modem /router: 8200AXL, 8206AZ, 8200M, 8200N
Gix10000

BT Total Broadband?

Post by Gix10000 »

Hey,

So I've recently moved house, and I'm not on Fibre here (cries).
We currently have a BT Homehub 3.0 providing internet, but it's hopeless, so I want to replace it if I can.

I previously have had my 8200N working with Sky Fibre, so that's available if the modem is compatible with non-fibre connections.
My knowledge of connection standards ends here though, and I can't find any useful setup instructions through google. So I'm looking for some advise!

I've setup the following, which is failing to connect to broadband. Error: "No Response"
http://btybb.custhelp.com/app/answers/d ... -router%3F

I can't find any of these settings in the router, so they could be the culprit.
Multiplexing: VC-based or VC Mux
VPI: 0 (zero)
VCI: 38
Modulation: G.DMT

Any advise would be appreciated!
Thanks
billion_fan

Re: BT Total Broadband?

Post by billion_fan »

Gix10000 wrote:Hey,

So I've recently moved house, and I'm not on Fibre here (cries).
We currently have a BT Homehub 3.0 providing internet, but it's hopeless, so I want to replace it if I can.

I previously have had my 8200N working with Sky Fibre, so that's available if the modem is compatible with non-fibre connections.
My knowledge of connection standards ends here though, and I can't find any useful setup instructions through google. So I'm looking for some advise!

I've setup the following, which is failing to connect to broadband. Error: "No Response"
http://btybb.custhelp.com/app/answers/d ... -router%3F

I can't find any of these settings in the router, so they could be the culprit.
Multiplexing: VC-based or VC Mux
VPI: 0 (zero)
VCI: 38
Modulation: G.DMT

Any advise would be appreciated!
Thanks
The Bipac 8200N is not compatible with ADSL/ADSL2+ lines, only on VDSL (Fibre connections)

Our new Bipac 8800NL is compatible with both ADSL/ADSL2+ and VDSL lines (Fibre lines) as a one box solution