8200n and BT infinity 2

Discussions for BiPAC 8200 series VDSL modem /router: 8200AXL, 8206AZ, 8200M, 8200N
Sfrain

8200n and BT infinity 2

Post by Sfrain »

Hi guys I have been having loads of issues with dropping connections etc and not being able to change my DNS settings due to the Home Hub 5 being so locked down
I have gone out and purchased an 8200 n as I was told that this would work and give me a bit more control.

I have a few questions and hope you can help

firstly do I need to do anything special to get it to work for example firmware or any custom settings,
also whats it like changing the DNS settings etc as we watch American Netflix

any other help would be much appreciated,

I am waiting for it to be delivered so listening out for the Post man

cheers
Steve
billion_fan

Re: 8200n and BT infinity 2

Post by billion_fan »

Sfrain wrote:Hi guys I have been having loads of issues with dropping connections etc and not being able to change my DNS settings due to the Home Hub 5 being so locked down
I have gone out and purchased an 8200 n as I was told that this would work and give me a bit more control.

I have a few questions and hope you can help

firstly do I need to do anything special to get it to work for example firmware or any custom settings,
also whats it like changing the DNS settings etc as we watch American Netflix

any other help would be much appreciated,

I am waiting for it to be delivered so listening out for the Post man

cheers
Steve
There should be a UK quick start guide that comes with the device that will help you set it up etc (you will need to a VLAN settings to establish a internet connection)

Its easy to change DNS servers, it will be listed on the WAN page
Sfrain

Re: 8200n and BT infinity 2

Post by Sfrain »

Thanks Pal
sounds quite simple