Us netflix

Discussions for BiPAC 8200 series VDSL modem /router: 8200AXL, 8206AZ, 8200M, 8200N
Sfrain

Us netflix

Post by Sfrain »

now I have this router working perfectly I am after setting up a VPN to enable the american version of Netflix to work on my smart tv
I can do it via a local vpn ( hot shield) on my iPad or laptop but want to do it on the router

Any help will be great
Cheers Steve
billion_fan

Re: Us netflix

Post by billion_fan »

Sfrain wrote:now I have this router working perfectly I am after setting up a VPN to enable the american version of Netflix to work on my smart tv
I can do it via a local vpn ( hot shield) on my iPad or laptop but want to do it on the router

Any help will be great
Cheers Steve
Can't be done on this router, as it doesn't have VPN on board
Sfrain

Post by Sfrain »

Thanks for the reply
What model do I need to buy
Cheer steve
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Sfrain wrote:Thanks for the reply
What model do I need to buy
Cheer steve
You need a model that supports VDSL and has VPN on board, we don't have a model out that supports both features as a one box solution.

You also need a device that will route traffic over the VPN, (our models route all devices traffic) not sure if you just want one device to route over the tunnel or all devices (something to think about)
Sfrain

Post by Sfrain »

Well as you know what I am after I don't mind buying another box to add onto my 8200 as its a good bit of kit and works very well with infinity 2

Cheers Steve
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Sfrain wrote:Well as you know what I am after I don't mind buying another box to add onto my 8200 as its a good bit of kit and works very well with infinity 2

Cheers Steve
Our 7800DX (VPN model) will only push all traffic over the VPN tunnel, so all wifi phones/tablets/PC's etc traffic will also be routed when this function is enabled.

If you want your TV's traffic to only be sent over the VPN tunnel this is not the model for you :D
Sfrain

Post by Sfrain »

Thanks for the reply

So if I want to change the DNS so that my smart tv can pick up US Netflix
What do I need to do

Any help would be great

Cheers
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Sfrain wrote:Thanks for the reply

So if I want to change the DNS so that my smart tv can pick up US Netflix
What do I need to do

Any help would be great

Cheers
Try setting up a static IP address on your TV, eg IP Address - 192.168.1.200, Subnet - 255.255.255.0 , Gateway - 192.168.1.254, DNS servers - your American DNS servers

Attached is a screen capture of where you can make the change within the router
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.