Bt infinity

Discussions for BiPAC 8200 series VDSL modem /router: 8200AXL, 8206AZ, 8200M, 8200N
kianniamh

Bt infinity

Post by kianniamh »

Hi all
Really struggling with setting the 8200n up with bt infinity. Have read all the posts on here and elsewhere and still clueless.

Up to now changed firmware to version 9 (can't remember full desc. But downloaded from here)
Have username as bthomehub@btbroadband.com wth no password set to pppoe and obtain IP address auto.
Set the vlan to 101 ticked all the boxes and changed last box to nat.
Tried quick start and reset and getting connection failed on system log, it says pppoe connection failed doing disconnect.

Is there an idiots guide anywhere or is there something glaring I'm missing or have the wrong router as I'm trying to replace my hh5.

Many thanks in advance
billion_fan

Re: Bt infinity

Post by billion_fan »

kianniamh wrote:Hi all
Really struggling with setting the 8200n up with bt infinity. Have read all the posts on here and elsewhere and still clueless.

Up to now changed firmware to version 9 (can't remember full desc. But downloaded from here)
Have username as bthomehub@btbroadband.com wth no password set to pppoe and obtain IP address auto.
Set the vlan to 101 ticked all the boxes and changed last box to nat.
Tried quick start and reset and getting connection failed on system log, it says pppoe connection failed doing disconnect.

Is there an idiots guide anywhere or is there something glaring I'm missing or have the wrong router as I'm trying to replace my hh5.

Many thanks in advance
Try following the attached quick start guide found here

Also is the DSL light on solid??
kianniamh

Post by kianniamh »

Yes the DSL light is solid.

Cannot see anything attached to follow?

Is it the same as the booklet I got with the router?

Cheers
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

kianniamh wrote:Yes the DSL light is solid.

Cannot see anything attached to follow?

Is it the same as the booklet I got with the router?

Cheers
Have you tried to following the attached screen shots
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kianniamh

Post by kianniamh »

Yes I have all those settings the same except the username (I'm using bthomehub@btbroadband.com with no password) do you think these are incorrect?

I have DMT status as up and actual data rate of 13840 kb but have no connection, error on system log says pppoe mains fail and die 5 and disconnect.

Many thanks for your help.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

kianniamh wrote:Yes I have all those settings the same except the username (I'm using bthomehub@btbroadband.com with no password) do you think these are incorrect?

I have DMT status as up and actual data rate of 13840 kb but have no connection, error on system log says pppoe mains fail and die 5 and disconnect.

Many thanks for your help.
Try resetting the router and trying again, also try using the password 'BT' instead of leaving it blank
kianniamh

Post by kianniamh »

Just tried that, still no joy I'm afraid.

I'm trying to circumnavigate bt dns servers could I use the billion connected to the hh5 to do this or do I need to persevere with getting this router to work?

Might have had the wrong glasses on just noticed the dsl light is flashing and not solid as I previously stated

Cheers
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

kianniamh wrote:Just tried that, still no joy I'm afraid.

I'm trying to circumnavigate bt dns servers could I use the billion connected to the hh5 to do this or do I need to persevere with getting this router to work?

Might have had the wrong glasses on just noticed the dsl light is flashing and not solid as I previously stated

Cheers
That's the reason you can not connect, as the line is not syncing with the 8200N.

Have you got a open reach modem or a HH5 (home hub 5) that you test with your line??
kianniamh

Post by kianniamh »

HH5 works fine when I swap the DSL cable back from the 8200.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

kianniamh wrote:HH5 works fine when I swap the DSL cable back from the 8200.
What firmware are you running on the 8200N??

It should listed on the 'Status' page of the router, listed as the software version