Latest routers to use on Sky

Discussions about ISPs, e.g. setting
Marksfish

Latest routers to use on Sky

Post by Marksfish »

It's been a while since I was last here, funnily enough it was the last time I was with Sky!! I've gone back to them after several years away and am disillusioned once again with their offering of a router. I think I had a 880NL last time which did all the things I wanted and the wireless was pretty good too, but I sold that after I moved to BT. The SkyQ router has pretty pants wifi when compared to my old Thomson router, which I can't now use, and there is no guest wifi, which is pretty standard on most routers these days isn't it? Anyway, what model would I be looking at as a cost effective solution all these years later please? Don't want to spend mega bucks, but my son does game a lot and i'd like 2.4/5ghz spectrums.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Mark
billion_fan

Re: Latest routers to use on Sky

Post by billion_fan »

Marksfish wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:42 pm It's been a while since I was last here, funnily enough it was the last time I was with Sky!! I've gone back to them after several years away and am disillusioned once again with their offering of a router. I think I had a 880NL last time which did all the things I wanted and the wireless was pretty good too, but I sold that after I moved to BT. The SkyQ router has pretty pants wifi when compared to my old Thomson router, which I can't now use, and there is no guest wifi, which is pretty standard on most routers these days isn't it? Anyway, what model would I be looking at as a cost effective solution all these years later please? Don't want to spend mega bucks, but my son does game a lot and i'd like 2.4/5ghz spectrums.

Thanks for any recommendations.

Mark
Either the Bipac 8900AX-1600R2, or the Bipac 8200AXL, both have 2.5ghz and 5ghz.
Marksfish

Re: Latest routers to use on Sky

Post by Marksfish »

Thanks, i'll'take a look :D