Suggestion: fix your Amazon product page

Got a suggestion or want to add something to our future wishlist?
chriswk

Suggestion: fix your Amazon product page

Post by chriswk »

I'm a big fan of Billion so this is intended to be constructive and I don't wish to cause any offence, but I noticed that the Amazon product page for your routers is a total mess. Do you guys have any control over this through your Amazon marketplace?

The product page contains 8 routers as different "styles" but these are all actually totally different products and IMO should each have their own page. There are product questions, reviews and ratings relating to wildly different products all under the same page and it is mega-confusing.

Also, worse, how about the product names having no resemblance to the actual product name... I was shopping for a 8800AXL R2 but it is called "AC1600 Dual Band Wireless VDSL/ADSL2+" on Amazon... that makes it pretty difficult to find. Oh, and what is the similarly named "AC1600 Dual Band Wireless" - does that not have a VDSL/ADSL2+ Modem despite being more expensive...? Actually it is the 8900AX-1600 R2.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Billion-AC1600 ... 07483S6BS/
billion_fan

Re: Suggestion: fix your Amazon product page

Post by billion_fan »

chriswk wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:42 am I'm a big fan of Billion so this is intended to be constructive and I don't wish to cause any offence, but I noticed that the Amazon product page for your routers is a total mess. Do you guys have any control over this through your Amazon marketplace?

The product page contains 8 routers as different "styles" but these are all actually totally different products and IMO should each have their own page. There are product questions, reviews and ratings relating to wildly different products all under the same page and it is mega-confusing.

Also, worse, how about the product names having no resemblance to the actual product name... I was shopping for a 8800AXL R2 but it is called "AC1600 Dual Band Wireless VDSL/ADSL2+" on Amazon... that makes it pretty difficult to find. Oh, and what is the similarly named "AC1600 Dual Band Wireless" - does that not have a VDSL/ADSL2+ Modem despite being more expensive...? Actually it is the 8900AX-1600 R2.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Billion-AC1600 ... 07483S6BS/

Amazon have recently changed their set up systems encouraging vendors NOT to put model numbers in the up-front description.

Model numbers can be found by scrolling down the page to: Product Information > Technical Details > Item Model Number

Actually if you put a Billion model number into the search field on Amazon it usually takes you directly to the model in question.

With regards the reviews all being mixed up, the actual item the reviewer is talking about is stated at the top of the individual reviews next to Style. Example below:

5.0 out of 5 starsTop Quality Router

ByD M.on 31 January 2018

Style: 8800NL R2 Wireless|Verified Purchase

Excellent router. Replaced my Vodafone router with this and saw an immediate improvement in speed. Wireless signal is strong and web-interface gives a good deal of insight into both router performance and ADSL line quality.

Hope this helps.