7800dx firewall +url filter

Got a suggestion or want to add something to our future wishlist?
nanotm

7800dx firewall +url filter

Post by nanotm »

please can you get the url filter system to work fully,

I have had to block access to google completely because the word filter doesn't block there use in google search (I want my kids to have freedom but not too much)

I am trying to find a way of blocking certain apps ability to connect to the internet but I don't want to blanket ban them all, can you implement a way of blocking things like facebook/twitter/youtube apps in the firewall without blocking all apps from accessing the internet (were talking about smartphones and tablets use) currently adding the domains to the blocked domains list doesn't stop the apps from connecting to them.....

if this is possible already then please explain how I can selectively set up the blocking for them without restricting the over 18's ability to use them despite being on the same address range

many thanks
Zerosixzz

Re: 7800dx firewall +url filter

Post by Zerosixzz »

I want to find out more information here.
nanotm

Re: 7800dx firewall +url filter

Post by nanotm »

well I figured out that giving various machines a static address outside of the dhcp pool and limiting the url filter to the dhcp pool effectively does this would of been better if I could of just applied the filter to different mac addresses /