NEW Bipac 7700N Firmware

This area contains firmware that are currently under testings.
billion_fan

NEW Bipac 7700N Firmware

Post by billion_fan »

New Firmware released on 13/11/12

BiPAC 7700N vB038_N28_GH_UK-00-4300

PLEASE UPGRADE YOUR DEVICE AND MAKE SURE YOU RESET BACK TO FACTORY DEFAULT SETTINGS TO ENSURE ALL CHANGES WITHIN THE FIRMWARE ARE IMPLEMENTED CORRECTLY

DO NOT RESTORE SETTINGS FROM PREVIOUS FIRMWARE BUILDS.

Release notes

1. Fixed system crash issue if there is long time traffic.

2. Fixed wireless clients cannot access each other if enable wireless security.

3. Fixed WAN service MTU setting cannot be saved issue.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
billion_fan

Re: NEW Bipac 7700N Firmware

Post by billion_fan »

This firmware is currently for testing.

All bugs should be reported here.

If there are no issues with this firmware, we will officially release the firmware to the public via our UK website.
NickCPC

Post by NickCPC »

Installation seems to have gone fine, seems to be working OK too.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

NickCPC wrote:Installation seems to have gone fine, seems to be working OK too.

Thanks for the update
tynecomp

Post by tynecomp »

I Installed the new firmware without problems as I was interested in the MTU WAN interface fix. Setting it to the TalkTalk recommended value of 1432 caused loss of synch (right most light on 7700N red. Am I doing something wrong?

One other issue I have been having with both the previous version of the firmware and this version is that it does not work very well with Firefox (Currently 17.0 on Windows 7 64 bit); frequently a refresh is needed before the screens display. Seems to work fine with Internet Explorer. Is this a known issue?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

tynecomp wrote:I Installed the new firmware without problems as I was interested in the MTU WAN interface fix. Setting it to the TalkTalk recommended value of 1432 caused loss of synch (right most light on 7700N red. Am I doing something wrong?

One other issue I have been having with both the previous version of the firmware and this version is that it does not work very well with Firefox (Currently 17.0 on Windows 7 64 bit); frequently a refresh is needed before the screens display. Seems to work fine with Internet Explorer. Is this a known issue?
If the internet light is red, this means the unit has failed authentication, double check your WAN settings.

Also after the firmware upgrade did you reset back to factory default settings, as suggested?

Regarding the firefox issue, I dont know, maybe someone here can post their findings (I only use IE sorry)
tynecomp

Post by tynecomp »

OK I have had another go. The WAN settings were fine. What I did was to tick the box to manually set MTU but this time I first selected the offered value (1492). Again authentication failed. However this time I went back and tried it again and on the second attempt it authenticated OK. I then set it to the desired value (1432) and this time it worked. I noted one unexpected side effect of changing the MTU, the NAT port forwarding rules were deleted. Is this expected behaviour?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

tynecomp wrote:OK I have had another go. The WAN settings were fine. What I did was to tick the box to manually set MTU but this time I first selected the offered value (1492). Again authentication failed. However this time I went back and tried it again and on the second attempt it authenticated OK. I then set it to the desired value (1432) and this time it worked. I noted one unexpected side effect of changing the MTU, the NAT port forwarding rules were deleted. Is this expected behaviour?

It could be as a WAN change was made
Brian49

Post by Brian49 »

Where is the WAN service MTU setting, please? I don't see it anywhere in the web interface. Many thanks.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Brian49 wrote:Where is the WAN service MTU setting, please? I don't see it anywhere in the web interface. Many thanks.
You can find the MTU on the 7700N by following these steps.

1. Login to the router web configuration page
2. Click on 'Advanced Setup'
3. Click on 'WAN Service'
4. Click on 'Edit' button on the right hand side
5. Tick 'enable manual MTU set'
6. Enter the MTU value you want to set
7. Click on 'Next' at the bottom of the page
8. Click on 'Apply/Save'

I hope this helps :)