Change PPTP port

schander

Change PPTP port

Post by schander »

Hi,
I recently bought a 7800n to replace my netgear dg834g. One of the features that made me buy the 7800n was the fact that I could setup VPN.
However I have a problem in that my work seem to be blocking port 1723. I haven't found anyway to specifically test that it blocked. I have
been able to connect to the router from my Samsung Galaxy using 5 VPN app. My friend who also has a 7800n and has vpn setup, setup an
account for me to test and couldn;t connect to that either from my work. From this I have assumed that port 1723 is blocked.

So my question is:
Can i change the port that PPTP accepts requests on?

Thanks
Satpal
billion_fan

Re: Change PPTP port

Post by billion_fan »

I don't think its possible to change the PPTP port the 7800N.

It might be that your works internet connection might be blocking outgoing connections on certain ports, which is the reason you can not connect to your home network.

Have you tried via 3G or connecting to a another network?

Have you tried connecting to the PPTP tunnel via PC?
schander

Re: Change PPTP port

Post by schander »

billion_fan wrote:I don't think its possible to change the PPTP port the 7800N.

It might be that your works internet connection might be blocking outgoing connections on certain ports, which is the reason you can not connect to your home network.

Have you tried via 3G or connecting to a another network?
Yeah i managed to connect via my Samsung Galaxy and 5 VPN app on Anrdoid
billion_fan wrote: Have you tried connecting to the PPTP tunnel via PC?
I have setup a VPN connection to my home router from my work pc with no joy, however if I route the PC (Windows 7) internet through my phone then it connects.
So it really does look my work is blocking that port :(

Thanks
Satpal