No Wireless,

greshoff

No Wireless,

Post by greshoff »

I have returned from being away. I switched off the router when I left and switched back on on my return. After switching on the router there was not internet or wireless . I reset the router to factory settings and set it up for my ISP. I am now able to connect to the internet but there is no wireless despite having completed all the wireless info.

I have repeated this process twice now without success. I an using firmware 1.06e. I also tried firmware 1.06d with the same result. Any info/ suggestions on getting the wireless to work will be much appreciated. The router was bought about 4 months ago
Tomken

Re: No Wireless,

Post by Tomken »

The router aside, the first thing I do whenever I have any wireless problems is wire up and do a soft uninstall (not including the software) of the wireless adaptor, reboot and let Windows reinstall it.

If I still have problems then, having made a note of the adaptor number, I'll do a full uninstall (including the software) do a fresh full install from the manufacture's site, which for me is Realtek http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downlo ... l=2&Conn=1 to eliminate any driver problem.

Up to now, that has resolved any problems that a factory reset hasn't.
greshoff

Post by greshoff »

This issue has nothing to do with wireless adapters but the the router creating the wireless point in the first place
Tomken

Post by Tomken »

greshoff wrote:This issue has nothing to do with wireless adapters but the the router creating the wireless point in the first place
Didn't understand that bit from your post.

After you entered the details in the "Jump to Wireless Settings", did the router give the message that it was successfully configured and good to go or was it a Fail ?

Have you connected to your SSID via the Taskbar and entered the Shared Key ?

Is your router SSID showing in Network & Sharing ?
greshoff

Post by greshoff »

Yes, router was successfully configured however there is no sign of the SSID in the available networks list.

Please note that the router was working without issue 3 weeks ago. I have also tried restoring the settings from the backup I made a month or so ago but this has not rectified the issue.
Tomken

Post by Tomken »

Having restored the settings from a working backup without success could suggest that the router's wireless card has given up the ghost and may be time to activate the guarantee.

Probably isn't this, but have you checked that Wireless on your pc is switched on - FN+F*

Sorry I can't be of more help, perhaps someone else on the forum can come up with some other explanation, although replies to your thread seem somewhat scarce.
greshoff

Post by greshoff »

Thanks for your replies. I have opened a support ticket with Billion who also seem to think the unit may be faulty and suggest a RMA
Tomken

Post by Tomken »

greshoff wrote:Thanks for your replies. I have opened a support ticket with Billion who also seem to think the unit may be faulty and suggest a RMA
Hope you get it sorted and let us know how you get on.
greshoff

Post by greshoff »

Update:
Had to RMA the router to Billion who confirm the the wireless card was faulty. The unit has been replaced but I have not set it up yet. Hopefully the new one will work without issues.