billion & xbox lag?

jjanddaz

billion & xbox lag?

Post by jjanddaz »

hi,

got my billion 7800n setup with port forwarding and static ip for my xbox and fifa 12, while trying to have a game i get the feeling of lag but only for myself not the other player, reading on the fifa forum it says the game uses p2p to connect the 2 gamers and if one has lag the other will suffer also, if i reboot the router the match will run smoothly for a couple of minutes then the feeling of being throttled will kick-in
I'm running out of ideas of what to try next, don't know if the problem is with the game, my isp or my router settings

Also i've tried the xbox in a dmz with no change, been on the phone to my isp they say my line is not throttled in any way (talktalk)

My ping is always 23ish on pingtest with a line rating of A

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated
billion_fan

Re: billion & xbox lag?

Post by billion_fan »

Have you tried to use a wired connection with your xbox?

Do any other games lag also?
jjanddaz

Post by jjanddaz »

sorry yes wired connection and fifa is the only game i have
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

To be 100% sure can you borrow another game and test online gaming to see if you have any issues.

By looking at the ping times, the lag might not be at your end.
jjanddaz

Post by jjanddaz »

i'll see if i can get another game, this is why it's puzzling me so much everything seems fine my end buts its every game i play where my opponent is fine, this is why i don't think it's the game and something my end
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

The only way is to verify using another game.

I played modern warfare 3 yestersday on my xbox using a 7800N and there was no lagging my end, and this is with nothing setup in the router eg port forwarding, dmz etc, as the 7800N UPNP has done everything for me.
jjanddaz

Post by jjanddaz »

i've disabled UPNP as i keep reading this is what i should do? is this correct?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

If you disable UPNP, then you have to port forward the correct ports for xbox live.

If you use UPNP then there is no need to port forward, as UPNP should open the ports itself.