7800N NAT Question

7800n-user

7800N NAT Question

Post by 7800n-user »

I recently purchased 3 Billion 7800N's after much research on the internet trying to find the best ADSL routers available.

We have 3 locations, at each loaction buildings are very spread out so we we have multiple wireless links linking the various places we need LAN at back to the main office at each site. Anyway in order to keep the traffic across the wireless links ot the minimum we have each wireless link on a seperate subnet. The issue I have with the Billion 7800N is that is seems to only perform NAT on the local SUBNET as per the LAN IP address set on the unit itself.

For example I have a 7800N on 10.10.0.254, it will perfoem NAT fine for all PC's on 10.10.0.x however traffic from any of the wireless links EG: 10.10.1.x, 10.10.2.x etc is not getting natted. All routing is fine I can ping the 7800N (10.10.0.254) from anywhere. I have a temporary fix where I am NATTING all the incoming wirless traffic on the wireless units at the 10.10.0.x end. However I do not want to double NAT. Is there any way of getting th 7800N to NAT everything that is destined for the WAN/ADSL port irrespective of IP ?
7800n-user

Re: 7800N NAT Question

Post by 7800n-user »

Sorry I'm new to the forum, do Billion officially answer posts? or is this a user only forum?
Does anyone have experience of using the Technical Support form on the wesbite, ie. is it likely to get a response?
Tomken

Post by Tomken »

7800n-user wrote:Sorry I'm new to the forum, do Billion officially answer posts? or is this a user only forum?
Does anyone have experience of using the Technical Support form on the wesbite, ie. is it likely to get a response?
Hi 7800n-user,

billion_fan is the forum Adminstrator and normally picks up on the threads.

I'm just one of the members but I'm unable to assist you with this one.

Tech Support will respond to any tickets raised within 2-3 days via e-mail and I've found them to be very helpful.

If you urgently need a quicker response, then it would better to contact them by phone via the number that is on the last page of the handbook 0203 372 0120
Mon-Fri 10.00am - 5.00pm.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi there,

This forum is mainly for user discussions however we do come in and check. Main point of contact for support is still via our esupport system and we usually reply the same day and if not within 48hrs.

With regards to your problem I am afraid our routers can only handle a single subnet and hence you will not be able to NAT multiple subnet with it.

I still suggest you contact our esupport to see if there are any other possible solutions if any.