BiPAC 7800N beta firmware for SKY (1483MER) NOW WORKING!

moreati

Re: BiPAC 7800N beta firmware for SKY (1483MER) NOW WORKING!

Post by moreati »

billion_fan wrote: 1. Login to the router web configuration page
2. Click on 'WAN' on the left hand side
3. Change the 'Protocol' to 'MPOA'
4. Change the 'Encap Method' to LLC/SNAP
5. Change the VPI to 0 and VCI to 40
6. In the 'Client ID section' enter your Sky username and password (normally extracted from your Sky router) example username@skydsl|password, be sure to use "|" inbetween your username and password'
7. Click on 'Apply'
Just a note to say thank you, but that I needed to choose VC/MUX encapsulation at step 4. Otherwise the 7800N wouldn't obtain a DHCP lease. This is on a Sky unlimited ADSL line (not FTTC).
j0nnyb0y

Post by j0nnyb0y »

:D

Thanks to Billion Fan ! I am now using the 7800N, I had to use the PPPOA method. Though my Sky Router said it was on MER, No matter I am on THANKS !
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

matnicholas wrote:I have read the whole thread and tried everything listed, but I still get 'DHCP Client in Progress..." when trying to connect to sky.

I have tried PPPOA and MPOA method.
I extracted my username and password from the backup file of the Sky F@ST2504 router. I have also tried https://www.cm9.net/skypass/

Should I be entering a netmask, gateway, primary and secondary DNS?

Any other ideas?

When using this link https://www.cm9.net/skypass/ you must enter the LAN mac address from your Sly modem/router and also the default WPA key (normally lised under the device), this should generate your username and password.

You should only enter the IP address, subnet, gateway, dns servers, if you are using a static WAN IP.

Then on the WAN section (basic menu) use the following settings

1. Protocol = PPPOA
2. VPI = 0 VCI = 38
3. Encap Method - VC-MUX
4. Enter your username and password in the sections provided
5. Click on 'Apply' the router will save and reboot (which is a must when making changes to the WAN section (internet settings)

If you want to use MER, please follow the steps I posted earlier.

I hope this helps :D
matnicholas

Post by matnicholas »

Thanks,

I figured out the problem. The mac address stored in the sky routers backup file was actually incorrect by a digit. It was however correctly listed in the admin panel.

So this allowed me to connect via PPPOA. I tried the MER settings but I still got the DHCP Client In Progress message.

Thank you,
Mat
daimonhall

Post by daimonhall »

Has anyone managed to connect to a Sky Pro service with 80Mb/s DL and 20Mb/s UL? If so what settings we're required to do it as I can't get above 40Mb/s DL without going back to Sky router?
tinytim

Post by tinytim »

Whilst this is the wrong thread - this for Sky ADSL - using QoS on the 7800N does seem to limit the download speeds on fibre.
EmperorK

Post by EmperorK »

I'm having an issue with my password as it has a '+' symbol in it which gets converted into a space.

I tried converting it to '%2b' but no joy.

Also looking at that dude's screenshot above, if I go to advanced settings and then ewan, I don't get any client ID option box there...

any help with either of these 2 issues?
tinytim

Post by tinytim »

EmperorK wrote: Also looking at that dude's screenshot above, if I go to advanced settings and then ewan, I don't get any client ID option box there...

You only use ewan for Sky Fibre , not MER connections.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

EmperorK wrote:I'm having an issue with my password as it has a '+' symbol in it which gets converted into a space.

I tried converting it to '%2b' but no joy.

Also looking at that dude's screenshot above, if I go to advanced settings and then ewan, I don't get any client ID option box there...

Have you tried to write your username and password out on a word file and paste into the client ID section (make sure you are set the main port to ADSL)
EmperorK

Post by EmperorK »

It is certainly physically possible to type a + symbol in; it's only afterward that when i look back at it having submitted the information that it converts to a space.

And tinytim, what do you mean? I have Sky Fibre... am I doing something wrong? :/