BiPAC 7800N beta firmware for SKY (1483MER) NOW WORKING!

admin
Site Admin

Re: BiPAC 7800N beta firmware for SKY (1483MER) NOW WORKING!

Post by admin »

I thought Sky is starting to offer FTTC from 12th April so not aware of any customers with Sky's fibre now. We will certainly try but we need to understand how Sky's FTTC setup is and also we will need customers with Sky FTTC to try it for us. I am assuming their FTTC will be based on BT's which you will all get an Openreach modem then connect via Ethernet. Question is whether they will follow BT and uses PPPoE or remain using their 1483MER. If latter then we will have to enable the DHCP option 61 for the EWAN I guess.

We also have two others VDSL modem/ routers to replace the Openreach modem directly as a one box solution so once we have better understanding of Sky's FTTC we can also try and add support on those two modem/ routers. Currently we have BiPAC 8200N and coming soon BiPAC 8300NEL both VDSL ready and working with BT FTTC.

Anyone with Sky's FTTC later on and willign to help us do some testing please either say so in this post or PM me.

Thanks!
johnsonp

Post by johnsonp »

Sky fibre is definitely available - they have been calling people who registered interest since February - I've had it since early March.

It's an Openreach modem which plugs into their Sagem router - I'm fairly sure it uses MER. Happy to try any suggestions, or do any fact finding - I miss using my Billion router!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ok, we are willing to try and spend some time on getting it to work with fibre from Sky. What we need are the followings:

1) A customer with 7800N and Sky fibre and then equipments i,e. Openreach modem and the Sagem router.
2) Customer will need to find out their Sky broadband details from their Sagem router.

First stage we will need to make sure PPPoE does not work by entering the extracted login details via PPoE dial in to the Openreach modem. You can just connect a PC via Ethernet to the Openreach modem and create a PPPoE dialup from Windows. Once that's done we can move on, unless anyone can provide some confirmation that PPPoE does not work on Sky's VDSL.
johnaddisonuk

Please Delete.

Post by johnaddisonuk »

Please Delete.
Last edited by johnaddisonuk on Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnsonp

Post by johnsonp »

I have 7800N Sky fibre and Sagem router.

I cannot connect via PPPoE, and in fact if you look at this screenshot (
status.png
from the Sagem, it shows MER. Let me know if you need any other info
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
johnaddisonuk

Please Delete.

Post by johnaddisonuk »

Please Delete.
Last edited by johnaddisonuk on Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stevey21

Post by stevey21 »

I have been having trouble finding the correct version of firmware for SKY.Is it
7800 nv6.1.06.dc1.efw.
If not correct would you kindly supply link.
Many thanks
Steve.
tinytim

Post by tinytim »

stevey21 wrote:I have been having trouble finding the correct version of firmware for SKY.Is it
7800 nv6.1.06.dc1.efw.
Many thanks
Steve.
Er , try the first post in this thread. :)
stevey21

Post by stevey21 »

tinytim wrote:
stevey21 wrote:I have been having trouble finding the correct version of firmware for SKY.Is it
7800 nv6.1.06.dc1.efw.
Many thanks
Steve.
Er , try the first post in this thread. :)
Many thanks,
My excuse is that when I first read the post I was not signed up as a member therefore attachment didn't show.Or possibly the best reason is that I am a bit thick !!! :) :)
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

johnaddisonuk wrote:Same result here, cannot connect via PPPoE.

Thanks
John

What was your setup on the 7800N, can you send us a screen capture of your WAN setup (EWAN) and deleting any sensitive information eg username password.

Have you tried to set the EWAN PPPOE function to 'Obtain A IP Address automatically'??