7800N Sky FTTC test firmware now working (UPDATED 16/5)

sfitzp4573

Re: 7800N Sky FTTC test firmware now working (UPDATED 16/5)

Post by sfitzp4573 »

jook3d, glad to hear that you got it working in the end. As you can see, there's always some here happy to help out. Enjoy your Billion!
stevebez

Post by stevebez »

HI there ....

I seem to be having teh same problem .. perhaps my firmware is incorrect but it is 1.06g

I do not see a clientid section in the EWAN profile screen.

Also you mention there is another window where to enter the clientid ... can u be more clear as to how I get to it please?

Thanks !
sfitzp4573

Post by sfitzp4573 »

stevebez, are you referring to my notes? (seen earlier in this thread). If so, look at Page 5 (which is a continuation of Step 4 that starts on Page 4).

The way that I entered the Client ID was to set the port as an ADSL port. Yes, I know this is a fibre installation, but bear with me. This then allowed me to enter the Client ID as described. Then, following one of the 7800N's many(!) reboots, I set the port back to being an EWAN port.

This was the only way that I could get it to work. Try that & see if it works for you. My firmware is definately 1.06g
stevebez

Post by stevebez »

Thanks ... had wrong firmware .... I had to reinput the unsername|password in the EWAN profile Client ID page... having it in the ADSL did not seem to replicate it over....

Thanks chaps its working a treat now ...

One last question can you connect more than one gigabit ethernet switch to the router. One switch seems to connect as green gigabit but my second one is yellow ... ?
bignick8t3

Post by bignick8t3 »

Hi all,

Have been using my Billion with Sky fibre for a couple of weeks now and the connection has been solid.

What would be the easiest way to check on the dl/ul?

I ask as I'm moving to Sky's Fibre Pro package and don't want to have to go back to the standard router to check things are all OK.

Cheers

Nick :D
frobbb

Post by frobbb »

Just gone through this although I don't yet have the fibre connection to confirm I got it right.

A tip which might avoid confusion for others. In advanced mode setting the EWAN profile after you have entered the Client ID information you need to click the Edit/Delete button to update that profile with the new information.

You need to restart (link at the bottom of the page) to start using the updated profile. It isn't clear to me when/if that updated profile is saved to survive a power cycle. Once it is confirmed working it might be wise to use the 'Save Config' link at the bottom of the page.
EmperorK

Post by EmperorK »

bignick8t3 wrote:Hi all,

Have been using my Billion with Sky fibre for a couple of weeks now and the connection has been solid.

What would be the easiest way to check on the dl/ul?

I ask as I'm moving to Sky's Fibre Pro package and don't want to have to go back to the standard router to check things are all OK.

Cheers

Nick :D
Seconded. I'm switching from adsl to fibre soon and have noticed that now that we have to use the openreach modem in conjuction with the billion, there is no way of seeing our actual speeds. and i too will eventually join the pro package once they let me. i know we could use speedtest websites but still.
beagrie07

Post by beagrie07 »

I've just set this as per instructions and it works perfectly. It didn't mention the client ID at the EWAN setup but I sorted that by getting the correct firmware.

I have one question though, how do you check the sync speeds on the Billion 7800N? I can't find it anywhere!

Thanks
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

beagrie07 wrote:I've just set this as per instructions and it works perfectly. It didn't mention the client ID at the EWAN setup but I sorted that by getting the correct firmware.

I have one question though, how do you check the sync speeds on the Billion 7800N? I can't find it anywhere!

Thanks

You have to login to your Openreach modem to check the sync speed, as the 7800N is not syncing with your FTTC line, the open reach modem takes care of that part.
beagrie07

Post by beagrie07 »

Ah I see, how do you login to the modem?

Thanks for the reply.

My router is still working perfectly so far, no problems!