7800n connection problem

chsd02

7800n connection problem

Post by chsd02 »

Hi,

I have a Billion 7800n (1.06h)and a Huawei HG612 (unlocked) connected to the EWAN. I have four Ethernet cables connected to the router. Two for wired connections, one for the modem to read stats and one for the EWAN.

When i want to restart the router to make any changes, the 7800n has a hard time recognizing the modem and keeps telling me "no response" and usually takes 10-20 minutes before connecting, sometimes not connecting at all. Eventually it will connect and works as it should without any connection problems.

I also can't connect to the router Interface with the wired connections after a router restart, but i can connect to the modem interface. I either have to restart both computers or take out both Ethernet cables and plug them back in. I never had to do this when i used the 7800n with ADSL, it would just reconnect to the router automatically and make a connection.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you.
billion_fan

Re: 7800n connection problem

Post by billion_fan »

chsd02 wrote:Hi,

I have a Billion 7800n (1.06h)and a Huawei HG612 (unlocked) connected to the EWAN. I have four Ethernet cables connected to the router. Two for wired connections, one for the modem to read stats and one for the EWAN.

When i want to restart the router to make any changes, the 7800n has a hard time recognizing the modem and keeps telling me "no response" and usually takes 10-20 minutes before connecting, sometimes not connecting at all. Eventually it will connect and works as it should without any connection problems.

I also can't connect to the router Interface with the wired connections after a router restart, but i can connect to the modem interface. I either have to restart both computers or take out both Ethernet cables and plug them back in. I never had to do this when i used the 7800n with ADSL, it would just reconnect to the router automatically and make a connection.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you.
Try disconnecting the second cable connection (the one used for reading the stats)