gigabit ports build quality on 7800n

jazzist

gigabit ports build quality on 7800n

Post by jazzist »

Hi All,

Just want to check that I haven't got a bad one.

On the gigabit ports on my new 7800n I notice that the bottom lip of the metal surround of the ports bends outwards slightly in the middle two ports. This looks like it is to get the strip between the edge of the PCB and the inside lip of the plastic case? However it looks like maybe this inner metal strip should be on ttop of the PCB which would make the outer surround straight in its depth all the way around. I can't push it in as the strip between the edge of the PCB and the inside lip of the case is sitting in this gap.

http://www.bestrouter.co.uk/reviews/ima ... k-full.jpg

I'm talking about the middle three upside down T shape pieces of metal on the middle two gigabit ports. Along the top of the T (bottom as you look at it as T upside down) my metal is more towards you than it is at ports 1 and 4. I think the one on the photo might be the same but hard to tell.

Thanks.
billyt

Re: gigabit ports build quality on 7800n

Post by billyt »

I just got my billion - all working fine - I have to say though when pushing the ethernet cables they were a little bit err, well i had to push quite hard to get the cable to "click", a little disconcerting for a very expensive router but I was eager to get going, Will look at it carefully at somepoint in the future.

No problems though - gigE transfers are a thing of beauty - lightening fast to my NAS :-)