Multiple Bugs?

tazviney

Multiple Bugs?

Post by tazviney »

Bugs?
Bug 1: I definitely know I am getting packet drops but the errors and drops are showing as 0 (ADSL line problem) (bytes transferred both ways are fine.) This is because I'm trying to diagnose disconnections issue.
Bug 2: Firewall log is always blank?

Also when my connection drops it the error message I receive is "received signal 15, good-bye" Only things I find for this is on Ubuntu forum. I always got this error before the line problem. Ranging between 2 -28days.
billion_fan

Re: Multiple Bugs?

Post by billion_fan »

tazviney wrote:Bugs?
Bug 1: I definitely know I am getting packet drops but the errors and drops are showing as 0 (ADSL line problem) (bytes transferred both ways are fine.) This is because I'm trying to diagnose disconnections issue.

Also when my connection drops it the error message I receive is "received signal 15, good-bye" Only things I find for this is on Ubuntu forum. I always got this error before the line problem. Ranging between 2 -28days.
1. You can use telnet to check for errors etc on your line eg adsl info --stats
2. Firewall will be blank as you need to tag traffic through the packet filter, then you will see firewall logs.
tazviney

Post by tazviney »

billion_fan wrote:

2. Firewall will be blank as you need to tag traffic through the packet filter, then you will see firewall logs.
Thanks for the information also any idea on last thing with the "received signal 15, good-bye"?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

tazviney wrote:
billion_fan wrote:

Thanks for the information also any idea on last thing with the "received signal 15, good-bye"?
I think it just means it dropped the connection