7800N ADSL stopped working after restart

Tomken

Re: 7800N ADSL stopped working after restart

Post by Tomken »

billion_fan wrote:You can always downgrade the firmware if needed, as long as you have the older firmware.

What I normally do is backup my config, just incase I revert back to older firmware.

It is never advised to restore a older config file on newer firmware.

Do you still want the release notes?
Yes please on all but don't know how to back up the config - pretty certain I've read up on this once, but a.d. sometimes kicks in :) and if it isn't something I'm likely to need - then tend to mentally discard.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Hi Tomken

PM sent with release notes in the PM.

If you want to backup your settings follow these steps.

1. Login to the routers interface
2. Click on 'Advanced'
3. Click on 'Sysytem'
4. Click on 'Backup/Restore'
5. Backup your config (do not edit the contents or the file name of the file, as when you come to restore the file this may cause issues)
Tomken

Post by Tomken »

Hi billion_fan,

Thanks for the pm - the system on here is a bit different to that I'm used to :)

I've read the notes and there doesn't seem to be any advantage for just the basic Internet user as I am.

It would seem to be more about enhancing ipv6 applications (from what I understood) and as I'm just on TalkTalk's LLU and ipv4, I'll just wait for the official release.

Thanks for your time and the instructions on how to back up the router config.

Best Regards

Tom
PistolPete

Post by PistolPete »

Billion_fan,

Do you know if the firmware is close to being released? If not, would you mind PM-ing it to me??

Pete
Tomken

Post by Tomken »

PistolPete wrote:Billion_fan,

Do you know if the firmware is close to being released? If not, would you mind PM-ing it to me??

Pete
Just keep an eye on http://www.billion.uk.com/esupport and there will be news of the release version when it's ready to download.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

PistolPete wrote:Billion_fan,

Pete

PM Sent
barbuduccle

Post by barbuduccle »

I have the same problem. If I save the config or restart then the adsl doesn't connect and says 'link down'. I have discovered that sometimes if I manually click the 'connect' button it is possible to reconect but otherwise I have had to restart with factory settings.
Tomken

Post by Tomken »

barbuduccle wrote:I have the same problem. If I save the config or restart then the adsl doesn't connect and says 'link down'. I have discovered that sometimes if I manually click the 'connect' button it is possible to reconect but otherwise I have had to restart with factory settings.
Have you tried just rebooting the pc instead ?