SNR - What should I set it to?

paularope92

SNR - What should I set it to?

Post by paularope92 »

Hi everyone,

I've brought the 7800N because it's ment to be good way to increases the speed, however I'm stuck.

I don't know what to set the SNR level to, and the tables don't make any sense to me.

I've attached a picture of the currant info, and would appreciate it, if someone could advice me on what SNR number I should enter.

Thank you,
Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
billion_fan

Re: SNR - What should I set it to?

Post by billion_fan »

paularope92 wrote:Hi everyone,

I've brought the 7800N because it's ment to be good way to increases the speed, however I'm stuck.

I don't know what to set the SNR level to, and the tables don't make any sense to me.

I've attached a picture of the currant info, and would appreciate it, if someone could advice me on what SNR number I should enter.

Thank you,
Paul
It looks like your SNR is already 3.9db which is low, BT recommend a minimum of 6db.

Have a look at the following link

http://www.increasebroadbandspeed.co.uk/billion-7800n

(you can try setting the SNR to 75 which should give you a a SNR drop of 1.5db (your SNR should drop to 2.5db, but with this setting your line might become unstable, if it keeps dropping out (ADSL light keeps blinking) then you need to set the SNR back to default -1)
paularope92

Post by paularope92 »

Thank you for the reply. I set it to 75 and it was unstable and the download speed dropped about 2mb.

I've included two images of it on -1 because last time it was not.

Thank you,
Paul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

paularope92 wrote:Thank you for the reply. I set it to 75 and it was unstable and the download speed dropped about 2mb.

I've included two images of it on -1 because last time it was not.

Thank you,
Paul
Try setting it to 50