7800dxl features on BT Infinity

spicnspan7

7800dxl features on BT Infinity

Post by spicnspan7 »

Hello guys. I've been using 7800dxl on my standard BT broadband for several years and this week infinity became available in my area. I placed an order already so I'll be having it in few weeks. I'm planning to keep this router so I've been looking for a modem, the hg612 3B by Openreach. The thing is, I was advised by someone in another forum that I won't be able to use the QoS feature of this router with this setup. I was told the billion won't have access to the raw data or something. Would you guys please confirm this? Are there any other features of 7800DXL that I would lose with this kind of set up? Thanks in advance.
billion_fan

Re: 7800dxl features on BT Infinity

Post by billion_fan »

spicnspan7 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:50 am Hello guys. I've been using 7800dxl on my standard BT broadband for several years and this week infinity became available in my area. I placed an order already so I'll be having it in few weeks. I'm planning to keep this router so I've been looking for a modem, the hg612 3B by Openreach. The thing is, I was advised by someone in another forum that I won't be able to use the QoS feature of this router with this setup. I was told the billion won't have access to the raw data or something. Would you guys please confirm this? Are there any other features of 7800DXL that I would lose with this kind of set up? Thanks in advance.
You can still use the QOS features, as long as your enter your EWAN speeds on the QOS page.

The only thing you can't do is, check your line stats, as the 7800DXL is not syncing with your DSL line anymore.