Ports closing after power cycle on 7800dxl

Detailme

Ports closing after power cycle on 7800dxl

Post by Detailme »

Hi all, wondered if anyone has come across this before with the router. I have ports open for my cctv nvr which work fine. We unfortunately have been getting fairly regular short power cuts here, and when we do the router seems to close the ports on reboot. When looking at the virtual server page, all the details are still correct and saved. To get the ports open again I have had to change a setting, such as the protocol and then change it back again and save.

Any ideas?

Thank you
Chris
billion_fan

Re: Ports closing after power cycle on 7800dxl

Post by billion_fan »

Detailme wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:52 pm Hi all, wondered if anyone has come across this before with the router. I have ports open for my cctv nvr which work fine. We unfortunately have been getting fairly regular short power cuts here, and when we do the router seems to close the ports on reboot. When looking at the virtual server page, all the details are still correct and saved. To get the ports open again I have had to change a setting, such as the protocol and then change it back again and save.

Any ideas?

Thank you
Chris
What firmware version are running, never seen this before.

When the port forwarding is working fine, and you power down the device via the power switch does the same issue occur (meaning only when there is a power cut does the issue occur)
Detailme

Post by Detailme »

2.32e
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Detailme wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:52 pm2.32e
Try using the attached firmware, its a strange issue I have never seen before, (the device has been out for years now)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gpvecchi

Post by gpvecchi »

Issue with this firmware: changing wifi channel from web interface needs router reboot to login again to interface. (Tested on 5 Ghz)
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

gpvecchi wrote: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:30 pm Issue with this firmware: changing wifi channel from web interface needs router reboot to login again to interface. (Tested on 5 Ghz)
Did you upgrade then reset the unit back to factory default settings, then manually reconfigure the device??

update- I just tested the feature as below

1. Login to device via 5ghz
2. Change the channel from 32 to 132 and apply
3. Wait for the 5ghz to restart, laptop gets disconnected
4. reconnect to the 5ghz band, login to web gui

No reboot was neded
gpvecchi

Post by gpvecchi »

Yes, factory reset. That are the exact steps, that causes me the issue. Other 2.32e firmwares don't cause it; I'm on fixed IP for the device I use for web GUI, I don't know if this can change things. I get the "impossible to open page" error. Web navigation works fine.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

gpvecchi wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:33 pm Yes, factory reset. That are the exact steps, that causes me the issue. Other 2.32e firmwares don't cause it; I'm on fixed IP for the device I use for web GUI, I don't know if this can change things. I get the "impossible to open page" error. Web navigation works fine.
Try using DHCP for a test