(02/08/2013) Firmware 2.32b for Bipac 7800DXL/DX/VDOX

billion_fan

Re: (02/08/2013) Firmware 2.32b for Bipac 7800DXL/DX/VDOX

Post by billion_fan »

Edtech wrote:Orange Fibre (FTTH on the EWAN socket). When the wizzard ask xDSL or Ethernet, I choose Ethernet and I can't set the ID for the Internet (or TV, or VOIP). The wizzard stop here and try to connect without more settings and fail.
I assume with Orange they are usign PPPOE with EWAN FTTC?? The only time I have seen 'fail' is when the router cannot connect to the internet (and times out), hence it will not let you past this stage until it is connected.

I have just tested the easy sign on, first it asks you to change the default password, which I changed to 'admin' next set the 'Time Zone' which is straight forward, next change the 'Main Port' to 'Ethernet' and click on 'Continue' next enter your PPPOE username and password and click on 'Continue' next the device will attempt to connect to the internet, if it can't (times out) it just means it is taking longer then usual to connect to your ISP, if it does connect then you can continue with your setup.

Or you can manually setup the router using http://192.168.1.254
Edtech

Post by Edtech »

Yes, after username and password, it try to connect. But it fails because I must set the 802.1 P Priority (default -1) to 0 and the 801.1 Q VLAN ID (default -1) to 835 (838, 839, 840 and 841 for TV, 851 for VOIP).

Orange in France use FTTH (with GPON), not FTTC. The connection protocole is the old PPPoE (why not IPoE ?! I don't understand Orange which use an old protocol with a new technology !).

I set it manually without problem, but I must return myself to the main page of the configuration because the wizzard stop with an error page without a button to return to the configuration.
notargia

Post by notargia »

Edtech wrote:Yes, after username and password, it try to connect. But it fails because I must set the 802.1 P Priority (default -1) to 0 and the 801.1 Q VLAN ID (default -1) to 835 (838, 839, 840 and 841 for TV, 851 for VOIP).

Orange in France use FTTH (with GPON), not FTTC. The connection protocole is the old PPPoE (why not IPoE ?! I don't understand Orange which use an old protocol with a new technology !).

I set it manually without problem, but I must return myself to the main page of the configuration because the wizzard stop with an error page without a button to return to the configuration.
Good afternoon
I am french and i would like buy the bipac 7800X. is this model the same that 7800DXL for orange FTTH ? I shall want only FTTH, VPN ipsec but not wifi. Thanks for a response. Notargia