BiPac 7800 DXL Fault

JeffGaines

BiPac 7800 DXL Fault

Post by JeffGaines »

I had a succession of power failures last night and my 7800 DXL appears to be broken.
Ethernet lights 3 and 4 are flashing on and off but I nothing else is working.
Can anybody give me a steer as to whether this is a fatal error or if I may be able to revive it?
Thank you.
billion_fan

Re: BiPac 7800 DXL Fault

Post by billion_fan »

JeffGaines wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:14 pm I had a succession of power failures last night and my 7800 DXL appears to be broken.
Ethernet lights 3 and 4 are flashing on and off but I nothing else is working.
Can anybody give me a steer as to whether this is a fatal error or if I may be able to revive it?
Thank you.
If you have a spare power supply I would try that
spacemanspiff

Post by spacemanspiff »

As this board will not let me start a new topic - I'm sorry to hijack this one...

Is there a UK based service centre? My router is dead - it's only 5 years old this month.

Thanks

Spacemanspiff
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

spacemanspiff wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:58 pm As this board will not let me start a new topic - I'm sorry to hijack this one...

Is there a UK based service centre? My router is dead - it's only 5 years old this month.

Thanks

Spacemanspiff
The UK service centre is currently closed due to the lock down.

If your router is 5 years old it is out of warranty (the device carries two years warranty only)
spacemanspiff

Post by spacemanspiff »

Thanks for the reply billion_fan,

I do realise that my router is out of warranty! I would have been happy to pay for the service people to take a look at it though.

However, I took your advice to the original poster in this thread and tested my router with another power adaptor and it works!

So I ordered another adaptor from acadaptorsrus.co.uk and everything is now back to normal! Yay!

Thanks again

Spiff
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

spacemanspiff wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:32 pm Thanks for the reply billion_fan,

I do realise that my router is out of warranty! I would have been happy to pay for the service people to take a look at it though.

However, I took your advice to the original poster in this thread and tested my router with another power adaptor and it works!

So I ordered another adaptor from acadaptorsrus.co.uk and everything is now back to normal! Yay!

Thanks again

Spiff
That's great news mate, after power cuts and when the LAN lights illuminate, and not the power light, a new power supply will normally work