cyberflash13x wrote: ↑
Thu May 07, 2020 4:44 pm
Hi everyone, I recently bought a 7800DXL off ebay to replace my virgin media superhub 3 as it's so unreliable. I've put the superhub 3 in modem mode but when trying to configure the WAN port on the 7800DXL none of the options seem to work. I've since read that the superhub 3 only supports routers that can set the WAN port up as a DHCP client. Is there any way around this? Does anyone else successfully use a 7800DXL with the VM superhub 3? I'm pretty much a novice with this stuff and I've been scouring google all day to no avail. Many thanks.
I personally used to use the 7800DXL with virgin superhub 2, in modem only mode.
What you need to do is add a new Ethernet >> WAN connection, to the Billion.
1. Login to the router
2. Click on 'Configuration >> WAN >> WAN Service
3. Click on 'Add'
4. Change the 'WAN Port' to 'Ethernet'
5. Change the 'Type' to IP Over Ethernet (IPOE)
6. Click on 'Next'
7. Under 'Available Routed WAN Interfaces' you will see the new IPOE interface, click on it to select it, and click on the arrow pointing left, so the interface should be listed under 'Selected Default Gateway Interfaces'
8. Do the same for the DNS severs below (select the IPOE interface listed under 'Available WAN Interfaces' and click on the arrow pointing left so it should be listed under 'Selected DNS Server Interfaces'
9. Click on 'Next'
10. Now plug a Ethernet connection from your virgin superhub (must be modem only mode and if needed use the modem only port on the superhub) to port 4 on the Billion,
11. Restart the virgin mode (very important)
That should be it