7800DXL and Vodafone log in set up

Comedy79

7800DXL and Vodafone log in set up

Post by Comedy79 »

So I've finally taken the plunge and switched, the Black Friday deal was nearly half the price of Sky!

I want to use my Openreach modem and DXL router as I did with Sky and from previous discussions is possible!

I've spent 30 minutes this morning obtaining my username and password from them :roll:

I'm on their Superfast 2 package!

Please can someone let me know the settings I need to put in my billion router for access? It's obviously different to my sky settings...

Many thanks

D
Last edited by Comedy79 on Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
billion_fan

Re: 7800DXL and Vodafone log in set up

Post by billion_fan »

Comedy79 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:23 am So I've finally taken the plunge and switched, the black deal Friday was nearly half the price of Sky.

I want to use my Openreach modem and DXL router as I did with Sky and from previous discussions is possible!

I've spent 30 minutes this morning obtaining my username and password from them :roll:

I'm on their Superfast 2 package!

Please can someone let me know the settings I need to put in my billion router for access? It's obviously different to my sky settings...

Many thanks

D
1.Login to the router
2. Click on 'Configuration >> WAN >> WAN Service'
3. Click on the edit button for the ETH interface
4. Change the type to PPPoE
5. Enter your Vodafone username and password in the sections provided
6. Click on 'Apply'
Comedy79

Post by Comedy79 »

Thanks, all done. Alas still no connection, which suggests they may have given me incorrect username and password information??

Should I factory reset the router and start from scratch maybe??

I have to have it running by tomorrow so the wife can work :oops:
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Comedy79 wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:59 am Thanks, all done. Alas still no connection, which suggests they may have given me incorrect username and password information??

Should I factory reset the router and start from scratch maybe??

I have to have it running by tomorrow so the wife can work :oops:
Check the Status >>> WAN page, if the username and password is incorrect is should state Authentication Failed for the ETH connection

Is the DSL LED on the open reach modem on solid???
Comedy79

Post by Comedy79 »

DSL light is on and status is Authentication Fail... So seems like the wrong username and password details :evil:

Let's call them again...

It was so much easier to just hack my old sky router :roll:

EDIT - Ok, figured it out. For anyone else who may only get part of the information like me, the username is; dsl (followed by 9 numbers)@broadband.vodafone.co.uk

Everything else is as above!

Thanks BF as always for the tech assistance :D