LAN Side Firewall switched on accidently

Comedy79

LAN Side Firewall switched on accidently

Post by Comedy79 »

Hi BF,

I stupidly switched this on by mistake last night, without making any other adjustments than just hitting On and Apply before thinking... :oops:

I can't log in wirelessly or via ethernet cable to the router admin page anymore :roll:

Is the only solution a full factory reset, or is there any other way of accessing the router portal please? :?:

Cheers

David
billion_fan

Re: LAN Side Firewall switched on accidently

Post by billion_fan »

Comedy79 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:04 am Hi BF,

I stupidly switched this on by mistake last night, without making any other adjustments than just hitting On and Apply before thinking... :oops:

I can't log in wirelessly or via ethernet cable to the router admin page anymore :roll:

Is the only solution a full factory reset, or is there any other way of accessing the router portal please? :?:

Cheers

David
Reset back to factory default settings is the only option, hopefully you have a backup of your current config so you can restore the settings once the device has been resetted
Comedy79

Re: LAN Side Firewall switched on accidently

Post by Comedy79 »

billion_fan wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:08 am
Reset back to factory default settings is the only option, hopefully you have a backup of your current config so you can restore the settings once the device has been resetted
Darn it, I knew that would be the case... Thanks for confirming!

I do have a back up, not to my recent Voda settings, but at least the Sky ones from a few months back... That said, might be worth starting from scratch to iron out a few problems from years of tinkering!

The last week has reminded me about the importance of backups, having been caught in the QNAP hack, which is why I was mucking around in the DXL funnily enough... Thankfully it's just my time needed to re-up everything from backup! :cry:

Thankfully not too much actual harm done, but it has reminded me about the importance of backups and beefing up my security :oops:

Cheers as always BF

David