Post by bake73 »

Managed to get one off ebay :mrgreen:
Hopefully the qos is working with 5ghz.
StevenAmp

Re: Wifi not working properly

Post by StevenAmp »

billion_fan wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:21 am
billion_fan wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:47 pm
bake73 wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:28 pm Nice.
Let me know if you want me to test any firmware.
You will be the first mate :) stay safe
Attached is a test firmware

Release Note :
1. “Fixed Internet connectivity issues on 5GHz band when QOS is enabled.”

Let me know if it resolves the issue :D
Hello, I have purchased a BiBAP 8800AXL R2 and have exact same issues with 5GHz and QOS enabled.
My versions are:
Wireless Driver Version 7.35.260.80018
Software Version 2.52.d15

Would this firmware be applicable to myself as well? I run a small business and we are choosing a new router and recently got this one however the 5GHz seems to be an issue with QOS enabled. Also is this test firmware safe in general usage? Has anyone else tested it? Also does it send some sort of "test logs" to you guys, or is just a normal firmware just with that issue fixed? I would love if you could release it on proper channels such as the website under the router downloads.
Also my web browser is screaming that the forum here is unsecure (tried both chrome and firefox) (no cerificate)
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

StevenAmp wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:40 pm
billion_fan wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:21 am
billion_fan wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:47 pm

You will be the first mate :) stay safe
Attached is a test firmware

Release Note :
1. “Fixed Internet connectivity issues on 5GHz band when QOS is enabled.”

Let me know if it resolves the issue :D
Hello, I have purchased a BiBAP 8800AXL R2 and have exact same issues with 5GHz and QOS enabled.
My versions are:
Wireless Driver Version 7.35.260.80018
Software Version 2.52.d15

Would this firmware be applicable to myself as well? I run a small business and we are choosing a new router and recently got this one however the 5GHz seems to be an issue with QOS enabled. Also is this test firmware safe in general usage? Has anyone else tested it? Also does it send some sort of "test logs" to you guys, or is just a normal firmware just with that issue fixed? I would love if you could release it on proper channels such as the website under the router downloads.
Also my web browser is screaming that the forum here is unsecure (tried both chrome and firefox) (no cerificate)
Yes you can use the firmware, the firmware is safe to use.

It normal firmware with the fix applied on it

It will be released on our official support site once we can confirm the issue is resolved.
Adam911

Post by Adam911 »

Hello billion_fan,

I came to the forum to see on any updates regarding this issue and I confirm this firmware fully fixes the 5Ghz QSS issue! Thank you to you and your engeineers, this made my day, very happy!

One last question, how do you disable TR 69 on the router? Is simply having the "inform" option on disable enough or do you need to tick some other boxes? I'm a bit confused on that part.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Adam911 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:43 pm Hello billion_fan,

I came to the forum to see on any updates regarding this issue and I confirm this firmware fully fixes the 5Ghz QSS issue! Thank you to you and your engeineers, this made my day, very happy!

One last question, how do you disable TR 69 on the router? Is simply having the "inform" option on disable enough or do you need to tick some other boxes? I'm a bit confused on that part.
That's great news and thanks for the update, regarding TR-069 it should be off by default, but if you want to be really sure you can set the settings as below
Inform = disabled
Delete the ACS username and password
Connection Request Authentication untick
Adam911

Post by Adam911 »

Hi. I spoke too soon it seems.

While the Wifi itself doesnt freeze, both 5GHZ and 2ghz work fine, there is another issue now. At some points, it becomes impossible to open up the web interface or connect to the wifi on a device that isn't connected (if you're already connected, you will stay connected). Only solution is to restart the whole router. But then the issue just randomly seems to reoccur after some hours. No idea what the trigger is.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Adam911 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:48 pm Hi. I spoke too soon it seems.

While the Wifi itself doesnt freeze, both 5GHZ and 2ghz work fine, there is another issue now. At some points, it becomes impossible to open up the web interface or connect to the wifi on a device that isn't connected (if you're already connected, you will stay connected). Only solution is to restart the whole router. But then the issue just randomly seems to reoccur after some hours. No idea what the trigger is.
Let me update our engineers and get back to you
Adam911

Post by Adam911 »

Another update. The issue I described above still occurs randomly, however everything was working fine now for about 10 hours and now suddenly all my devices that were on 5GHZ only were fully dropped (I have two devices on 2ghz and they work fine). All my devices still show connected in the DHCP table, however the 5Ghz devices are actually not - they do show as connected, but they aren't. I cannot reconnect them either. I cannot connect any new devices to 5Ghz either. (Nothing to do with DHCP lease time either as they still have plenty time left). Only solution is again to restart the router. (Simply turning off 5ghz wifi and on did not fix it, had to restart the router itself to be able to reconnect).
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Adam911 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:52 am Another update. The issue I described above still occurs randomly, however everything was working fine now for about 10 hours and now suddenly all my devices that were on 5GHZ only were fully dropped (I have two devices on 2ghz and they work fine). All my devices still show connected in the DHCP table, however the 5Ghz devices are actually not - they do show as connected, but they aren't. I cannot reconnect them either. I cannot connect any new devices to 5Ghz either. (Nothing to do with DHCP lease time either as they still have plenty time left). Only solution is again to restart the router. (Simply turning off 5ghz wifi and on did not fix it, had to restart the router itself to be able to reconnect).
Thanks for the further update, I will keep my engineers informed
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

billion_fan wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:15 pm
Adam911 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:52 am Another update. The issue I described above still occurs randomly, however everything was working fine now for about 10 hours and now suddenly all my devices that were on 5GHZ only were fully dropped (I have two devices on 2ghz and they work fine). All my devices still show connected in the DHCP table, however the 5Ghz devices are actually not - they do show as connected, but they aren't. I cannot reconnect them either. I cannot connect any new devices to 5Ghz either. (Nothing to do with DHCP lease time either as they still have plenty time left). Only solution is again to restart the router. (Simply turning off 5ghz wifi and on did not fix it, had to restart the router itself to be able to reconnect).
Thanks for the further update, I will keep my engineers informed
Our engineers have asked if you can try the following

Restart the router and then change the 5ghz channel and also make sure that OBSS Coexistence is disabled for testing.

Let us know the result