Port forwarding problem?

Discussions for BiPAC 8800 series: 8800NL, 8800NLR2, 8800AXL, 8800AXLR2
segillum

Port forwarding problem?

Post by segillum »

Greetings. I'm an 8800NL user as of last week. It's working beautifully in all respects bar one and I'd greatly value some advice.

I subscribe to a service called PlanePlotter which amongst other things requires port forwarding. Yesterday we changed to an FTTC service from ADSL and I re-configured the 8800NL for VDSL2. I did this via a total reset and working through the quick start menu again. But for some reason port forwarding (or 'virtual server' in Billion parlance) just won't work in this mode. No amount of re-booting or re-configuring seems to help -- which is odd since it all worked perfectly well with ADSL.

Anyone else had this problem?

John
billion_fan

Re: Port forwarding problem?

Post by billion_fan »

segillum wrote:Greetings. I'm an 8800NL user as of last week. It's working beautifully in all respects bar one and I'd greatly value some advice.

I subscribe to a service called PlanePlotter which amongst other things requires port forwarding. Yesterday we changed to an FTTC service from ADSL and I re-configured the 8800NL for VDSL2. I did this via a total reset and working through the quick start menu again. But for some reason port forwarding (or 'virtual server' in Billion parlance) just won't work in this mode. No amount of re-booting or re-configuring seems to help -- which is odd since it all worked perfectly well with ADSL.

Anyone else had this problem?

John
Can you post a screen shot of your virtual server page, I would need a picture of the whole page, so I can advise further :D
segillum

Post by segillum »

I hope this works:
Untitled.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

segillum wrote:I hope this works:
Untitled.png
The interface is still set to PPPOA (ADSL) to change it you must delete the rule and add a new rule, with the interface selected as your fibre connection
segillum

Post by segillum »

The interface is still set to PPPOA (ADSL) to change it you must delete the rule and add a new rule, with the interface selected as your fibre connection

Brilliant -- that's fixed it. Many thanks.

John
simon194

Post by simon194 »

I got caught out by this when I switched from using the EWAN port to VDSL2. Nice thing is that if the same rules are set up for both interfaces and for any reason I need to switch back to using the EWAN port again the router senses it and automatically reconfigures itself and all the rules are there.