BT Sport and internet TV channels

Discussions for BiPAC 8800 series: 8800NL, 8800NLR2, 8800AXL, 8800AXLR2
newtonmac

BT Sport and internet TV channels

Post by newtonmac »

Followed post on this board instructions for IPC error 6023, but I still get when trying to access these internet tv channels. Has anybody had success in accessing these. My bt humax viewbox works fine on iplayer etc.

Connected to LAN1 then through netgear Giga bit switch )( same as homehub was, so suspect finger trouble or router not suitable. Can anyone confirm? Or suggest things to try.

Bridge mode implemented, multicast as per post, LAN IGMP snooping set (blocked mode)
billion_fan

Re: BT Sport and internet TV channels

Post by billion_fan »

newtonmac wrote:Followed post on this board instructions for IPC error 6023, but I still get when trying to access these internet tv channels. Has anybody had success in accessing these. My bt humax viewbox works fine on iplayer etc.

Connected to LAN1 then through netgear Giga bit switch )( same as homehub was, so suspect finger trouble or router not suitable. Can anyone confirm? Or suggest things to try.

Bridge mode implemented, multicast as per post, LAN IGMP snooping set (blocked mode)
Can you post a screen capture of settings you have tried, we need to see the WAN server section, the WAN interface (PPPOE connection, once you click on 'edit')
newtonmac

Post by newtonmac »

Setup1pdf.pdf
Thanks for the prompt reply. These are the relevnt setup parameters I'm uisng. Hopefully you can see a setting change that will help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

newtonmac wrote:
Setup1pdf.pdf
Thanks for the prompt reply. These are the relevnt setup parameters I'm uisng. Hopefully you can see a setting change that will help.
Have you tried connecting the your BT box directly to the 8800NL??

All other settings seem fine
newtonmac

Post by newtonmac »

Thanks I'll try when I have a moment. A bit complex to separate with my house wiring with only one ethernet cable to serve four devices adjacent. ( I know I can separate out on powerline if needed).

Anyway

Meantime I've configured bridge mode for the Billion 8800 and using the BT Homehiub as the router so the HH5 is dealing with the mulitcast and all is working. BTs
Sport and the addional HD channels. (My NAS storage really needs fast ethernet ports for backup, so the BTHH5 has these also saves me getting a switchbox with more ports.)

The sync rate with the Billion 8800 modem is about 3-5MB higher than the BTHH5 which is good! As my BTHH5 DCHP seems to crash occasionally I can also reboot the BT HH5 and reestablish the PPPoE session without having to resync the modem and risk DSM interventions in my connection.

For what its worth, the main motivation for moving on from the HH5 router was that I really wanted to see modem stats to check for timing of errors secs etc. to make sujre I was getting as good a connection as I could. and Bilion 8800 combined with DSLStats program givews me what I need.

II have left the Billion wi fi on and can acess stats and configuration etc through my ipad or another pc. (Initially I set the Billion IP to 192.168.0.254 to move it off the BTHH5 network. Ipad wifi connection then configured manually to work with an IP of 255.168.0.1, subnet 255.255.255.0. (Unless you knwo a simpler way).

I was pleased to find that I could actually look at stats in bridge mode and access configuration as internet searches suggested this was not possible for many modem/routers.

So in summary, thanks for the help, and I'll try the solution you suggestat soemtime and post findings after my VDSL connection has had some time to settle after trying various combinations. I see I'm now on what I understand to be a high lvel of interleaving (1349).
2bagstew

Post by 2bagstew »

The high level of interleaving is in response of having noise on your line.