BiPac 880AXL R2 WiFi totally out on weekly basis

Discussions for BiPAC 8800 series: 8800NL, 8800NLR2, 8800AXL, 8800AXLR2
Ksaro1

BiPac 880AXL R2 WiFi totally out on weekly basis

Post by Ksaro1 »

As the Subject line indicates my Bipac 8800 series will become completely unresponsive on all WiFi channels on a regular basis. My ethernet attached devices are networked fine. As is the Internet connection to my ISP. So my ethernet attached devices can still reach each other and the internet. However, none of the 2.4gHz or 5gHz channels are connected to the internet. I can connect to the channels but the connection reports no Internet connection. Also, I can't access the admin Web interface via the ethernet connected devices or any WiFi connected devices. They all timeout on the web page eventually. A reboot does then resolve this. But this is of course quite inconvenient.

I am on the very latest FW update.
billion_fan

Re: BiPac 880AXL R2 WiFi totally out on weekly basis

Post by billion_fan »

Ksaro1 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:00 pm As the Subject line indicates my Bipac 8800 series will become completely unresponsive on all WiFi channels on a regular basis. My ethernet attached devices are networked fine. As is the Internet connection to my ISP. So my ethernet attached devices can still reach each other and the internet. However, none of the 2.4gHz or 5gHz channels are connected to the internet. I can connect to the channels but the connection reports no Internet connection. Also, I can't access the admin Web interface via the ethernet connected devices or any WiFi connected devices. They all timeout on the web page eventually. A reboot does then resolve this. But this is of course quite inconvenient.

I am on the very latest FW update.
When the issue occurs again, please submit a ticket on the following link https://support.billion.uk.com/index.ph ... ets/Submit, leave the connection as is if possible, as our engineers will probably request remote access to a PC within your network to debug the issue once it has occurred.
Ksaro1

Post by Ksaro1 »

Unfortunately I don't have a PC attached via ethernet to my home network. I have an iMac and a Raspberry Pi attached via ethernet. Will one of them work for remote access?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Ksaro1 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:25 pm Unfortunately I don't have a PC attached via ethernet to my home network. I have an iMac and a Raspberry Pi attached via ethernet. Will one of them work for remote access?
I think a iMac might work (they need remote access via Team Viewer or Anydesk, I think both are compatible with the mac os)
Ksaro1

Post by Ksaro1 »

Hmmm.... These 2 packages you mention are typical software of scammers from India who want access to an unsuspecting user's machine. I'm not sure how much I'd trust an unknown person accessing my machine, which has personal information on it.

Can the support talk me through what they need to check and I'll do it, as I'm a retired IT engineer so I can follow most commands. For example, I've already ssh'd to the BiPac and seen many commands and files on the router. Would they be running some commands on the router via my iMac then?

Perhaps you can send me a script that I can install and run on the router to gather the information they would need?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Ksaro1 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 5:05 pm Hmmm.... These 2 packages you mention are typical software of scammers from India who want access to an unsuspecting user's machine. I'm not sure how much I'd trust an unknown person accessing my machine, which has personal information on it.

Can the support talk me through what they need to check and I'll do it, as I'm a retired IT engineer so I can follow most commands. For example, I've already ssh'd to the BiPac and seen many commands and files on the router. Would they be running some commands on the router via my iMac then?

Perhaps you can send me a script that I can install and run on the router to gather the information they would need?
Once you submit a official ticket with us, I can check with our engineers, they normally like to debug the issue on the fly directly within the environment , but we will see what we can do :D

I will contact our engineers now with what information you have provided
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

billion_fan wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 9:17 am
Ksaro1 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 5:05 pm Hmmm.... These 2 packages you mention are typical software of scammers from India who want access to an unsuspecting user's machine. I'm not sure how much I'd trust an unknown person accessing my machine, which has personal information on it.

Once you submit a official ticket with us, I can check with our engineers, they normally like to debug the issue on the fly directly within the environment , but we will see what we can do :D

I will contact our engineers now with what information you have provided
I have sent you a email, with our engineers requests so we can debug this issue
Ksaro1

Post by Ksaro1 »

I have been in contact with the engineers and all is in place for them to troubleshoot remotely.

However, it's now been 5 1/2 days since I installed 2.52.d17 and there hasn't been any issues yet. Perhaps the latest firmware has resolved whatever issue it was that was causing my outages? I'll keep monitoring though.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Ksaro1 wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 12:44 pm I have been in contact with the engineers and all is in place for them to troubleshoot remotely.

However, it's now been 5 1/2 days since I installed 2.52.d17 and there hasn't been any issues yet. Perhaps the latest firmware has resolved whatever issue it was that was causing my outages? I'll keep monitoring though.
That sounds promising, keep me posted
Ksaro1

Post by Ksaro1 »

@billion_fan - It's a week since your last reply and I've still not had any issues. It's looking like the d17 update has resolved the issues that I was having.