What is the latest firmware version?

Discussions for BiPAC 8900 series: 8900AX-1600, 8900AX-2400, 8900X
billion_fan

Re: What is the latest firmware version?

Post by billion_fan »

frogfoot wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:15 am No problem, I have noticed on 2.52.d36 that several devices on my network do not appear in the DHCP table. Is that the problem you've noticed
I haven't noticed that, the only time I have seen that is if devices have a static IP set to them (so not using DHCP), then they will only show with the ARP table
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Attached is the latest firmware for the Bipac 8900AX-2400

2.52.d41

Release notes

1. “Fixed incorrect DHCP Leased Table mark issue"

2. "Fixed NAT loopback issue"

3. “Fixed Status >> 3G/4G/LTE Status issue”.

4. “Fixed Configuration >> LAN >> ETH port control can’t adjust issue”.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
frogfoot

Post by frogfoot »

Thanks Billion_Fan, I'm trying it now
lamster

Post by lamster »

Thanks Billion Fan, I will try it out over weekend.

Is this a factory reset fw update? or can we restore settings on this one?

Cheers
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

lamster wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:25 pm Thanks Billion Fan, I will try it out over weekend.

Is this a factory reset fw update? or can we restore settings on this one?

Cheers

If upgrading from 2.52.d36 or later a factory reset will not be needed, if upgrading from a firmware below 2.52.d36 a factory reset and manual configuration will be needed. Regarding IPv6, follow the screen shots attached
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Metalheadkicks

Post by Metalheadkicks »

Hi have been on D27 for over a year with no issues with the router whatsoever. I have several Port forwards, reserved IP's etc., so is a PIA to manually do the changes after upgrading, but I did it regardless. So I followed the advice and from D27->factory reset->D41->Factory reset-> Manual configure.

There are several issues.
1. After power outage once due to trip wire, the router reset itself to factory defaults. This never happened before with several power disruptions on the D.27.
2. The 'Add' gets greyed out after adding just single port forward entry (of 4 port numbers). Rebooting does not enable the button.
3. I use a custom HTTP port and enabled remote login. The router allows me to login (either local or remote) for a few minutes or hours after reboot and then stops allowing me to login to the web interface. Internet works fine, only I am unable to access the web page. Rebooting resolves the issue temporarily.
4. Sometimes the DHCP server stops giving IP addresses to Wi-Fi connected clients.

Is D.27 the only last issued stable firmware? I will roll back to this version if D.41 does not allow me to add more port forwards.

Thanks
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Metalheadkicks wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:05 am Hi have been on D27 for over a year with no issues with the router whatsoever. I have several Port forwards, reserved IP's etc., so is a PIA to manually do the changes after upgrading, but I did it regardless. So I followed the advice and from D27->factory reset->D41->Factory reset-> Manual configure.

There are several issues.
1. After power outage once due to trip wire, the router reset itself to factory defaults. This never happened before with several power disruptions on the D.27.
2. The 'Add' gets greyed out after adding just single port forward entry (of 4 port numbers). Rebooting does not enable the button.
3. I use a custom HTTP port and enabled remote login. The router allows me to login (either local or remote) for a few minutes or hours after reboot and then stops allowing me to login to the web interface. Internet works fine, only I am unable to access the web page. Rebooting resolves the issue temporarily.
4. Sometimes the DHCP server stops giving IP addresses to Wi-Fi connected clients.

Is D.27 the only last issued stable firmware? I will roll back to this version if D.41 does not allow me to add more port forwards.

Thanks
I've seen your support ticket, and replied, I also tested the port forwarding entry, and I was able to add 4 rules for one device and still able to use the Add button to add more rules.

I am using d41 at home, and I have turned off the router a couple of times, and never lost the config so strange your device lost the config.
Strider

Post by Strider »

I'm curious, what is the reason of "IGMP Multicast Source" that I cannot uncheck? This was not enabled under d27. Anytime I try to uncheck it and apply, it's then checked again.

This setting being under WAN/PTM Interface/Edit lower right.
Strider

Post by Strider »

So it seems that it is bugged by default settings from Factory Default. I had to create a new Interface for it to be unchecked. Factory restore keeps it enabled no matter what. Only way to get around it is creating a new interface.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Strider wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 11:20 pm So it seems that it is bugged by default settings from Factory Default. I had to create a new Interface for it to be unchecked. Factory restore keeps it enabled no matter what. Only way to get around it is creating a new interface.
You need to disable the 'IGMP Multicast Proxy' first then you can disable 'IGMP Multicast Source' without having to add another interface