2.52d41 f/w bug?

Discussions for BiPAC 8900 series: 8900AX-1600, 8900AX-2400, 8900X
lamster

2.52d41 f/w bug?

Post by lamster »

8900ax2400 with 2.52d41 firmware

Might have found a bug/issue with the latest firmware, never had it on any other, but logged in to the router the ther night and when I go to
Configuration>Wireless 5g>Advanced the screen stays blank, no setting ever appear.

I have rebooted the router to no avail, I even tried leaving it unplugged overnight andit is exactly the same once up and running.

The funny thing is, is that the page was working fine when I first went to 2.52d41 as I manually set both the 2.4g and 5 g channels, I only noticed the
other day that it was not loading correctly, The 2.4g advanced page is loading fine, Just the 5g page is not.

Anyone else???
Snap5.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
billion_fan

Re: 2.52d41 f/w bug?

Post by billion_fan »

lamster wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:52 am 8900ax2400 with 2.52d41 firmware

Might have found a bug/issue with the latest firmware, never had it on any other, but logged in to the router the ther night and when I go to
Configuration>Wireless 5g>Advanced the screen stays blank, no setting ever appear.

I have rebooted the router to no avail, I even tried leaving it unplugged overnight andit is exactly the same once up and running.

The funny thing is, is that the page was working fine when I first went to 2.52d41 as I manually set both the 2.4g and 5 g channels, I only noticed the
other day that it was not loading correctly, The 2.4g advanced page is loading fine, Just the 5g page is not.

Anyone else???

Snap5.jpg
I haven't noticed the same problem on my 8900AX-2400 (43 days uptime)

Try clearing your web browser history/cache or try using a different web browser/pc to access the page.
lamster

Post by lamster »

billion_fan wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:31 am

Try clearing your web browser history/cache or try using a different web browser/pc to access the page.

Hi billion fan

I have tried it on 3 computers and all show the same on the 5g advanced page.

I run firefox and have it setup for the browser history and cache auto clean on close of browser, also run ccleaner, tried it on edge and outlook and
that 1 page is blank, all the other pages/settings show as normal its just the 5g>advanced as the screen shot. Never had this before and like I said
I was working on first install of .d41 as I changed the channel.

Reboot or unplugging the router and leaving it for an hour or 2 has not resolved it, only thing I can think of is going back to .d36 and see if that resolves it.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

lamster wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:52 am
billion_fan wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:31 am

Hi billion fan

I have tried it on 3 computers and all show the same on the 5g advanced page.

I run firefox and have it setup for the browser history and cache auto clean on close of browser, also run ccleaner, tried it on edge and outlook and
that 1 page is blank, all the other pages/settings show as normal its just the 5g>advanced as the screen shot. Never had this before and like I said
I was working on first install of .d41 as I changed the channel.

Reboot or unplugging the router and leaving it for an hour or 2 has not resolved it, only thing I can think of is going back to .d36 and see if that resolves it.
Try making a backup of your config, then reset the device back to factory default settings, once reset, check to see if you can see the 5ghz advanced page.

If it does load, then you can try restoring the config file,