Admin Password - Billion BiPAC 8900AX-1600 R2

Discussions for BiPAC 8900 series: 8900AX-1600, 8900AX-2400, 8900X
Knuckleheadz

Admin Password - Billion BiPAC 8900AX-1600 R2

Post by Knuckleheadz »

Hi,
I recently bought a Password Manager and have been working my way through changing all my passwords using the built in password generator.
Stranegly I have created a 16 character password for my Router which I now use to Login successfully but I noticed on the Access Control Page it says a maxium of 15 chararcters.
I've now tried to change the password to meet this requirement but it doesn't accept my old password even though I can log in with it! I also removed the last character just in case the Billion was truncating it but this didn't work either.
I've taken a backup config but I know the Admin Password is part of this config (and hashed by the looks of it), so I now can't change the password.
How can i do this? I don't want to factory reset the unit as I have a lot of configuration in there. Can I amend the Admin Password from the config file to something basic (or even blank), do a Factory Reset so i can get back in and then set it to something that is 15 characters?
Thanks!
Jon
billion_fan

Re: Admin Password - Billion BiPAC 8900AX-1600 R2

Post by billion_fan »

Knuckleheadz wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:25 am Hi,
I recently bought a Password Manager and have been working my way through changing all my passwords using the built in password generator.
Stranegly I have created a 16 character password for my Router which I now use to Login successfully but I noticed on the Access Control Page it says a maxium of 15 chararcters.
I've now tried to change the password to meet this requirement but it doesn't accept my old password even though I can log in with it! I also removed the last character just in case the Billion was truncating it but this didn't work either.
I've taken a backup config but I know the Admin Password is part of this config (and hashed by the looks of it), so I now can't change the password.
How can i do this? I don't want to factory reset the unit as I have a lot of configuration in there. Can I amend the Admin Password from the config file to something basic (or even blank), do a Factory Reset so i can get back in and then set it to something that is 15 characters?
Thanks!
Jon
Please email me a copy of your config to support@billion.uk.com (I will change the password for you)
Knuckleheadz

Re: Admin Password - Billion BiPAC 8900AX-1600 R2

Post by Knuckleheadz »

Strangely, after a reboot, I have now been able to use my existing 16 character password and create a 15 character password.
So this request can be considered closed.
Thanks