OpenVPN Client not connecting to NordVPN

Discussions for BiPAC 8900 series: 8900AX-1600, 8900AX-2400, 8900X
scobie

Re: OpenVPN Client not connecting to NordVPN

Post by scobie »

Hi everyone. Is there any news on this functionality?

Thanks
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

scobie wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 5:32 am Hi everyone. Is there any news on this functionality?

Thanks
Attached is firmware 2.52.d50 (for the Bipac 8900AX-2400) which now supports TCP and UDP connections with Nord VPN

Please note the speeds will be limited (from my test 6mbps up and down) due to chipset limitation.

Release notes
1. “Enhance Firewall Rule”.
2. “Change HTTP Session timeout to 10 minutes”.
3. “Fixed config error in <Configure log page> issue”.
4. “Fixed Nord VPN connection failed issue”.
5. “Support Static IP lease up to 128”.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
scobie

Post by scobie »

Thanks Billion Fan.

Can I get some clarification on "Please note the speeds will be limited (from my test 6mbps up and down) due to chipset limitation."

Does this mean that if I implement the OpenVPN to NordVPN client my internet speed will be slowed from my current download speed of 53Mbps down to 6...?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

scobie wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:27 am Thanks Billion Fan.

Can I get some clarification on "Please note the speeds will be limited (from my test 6mbps up and down) due to chipset limitation."

Does this mean that if I implement the OpenVPN to NordVPN client my internet speed will be slowed from my current download speed of 53Mbps down to 6...?
That's right, but you can test it out on your end also
scobie

Post by scobie »

That's right, but you can test it out on your end also
I will thank you.

But if that proves to be the case it is nowhere near a workable solution and I would question why the OpenVPN client was ever included on this model given this limitation.
scobie

Post by scobie »

Hi everyone.

Confirmation that implementing the OpenVPN client over UPN works, but slowed my connection down to 4mbps.

Thanks to all involved for your assistance, but if this is the best it can get I'll need to look at other router options as it's not really a practical solution.

Cheers