Port forwarding on 8900 with firmware 2.50a.d23

Discussions for BiPAC 8900 series: 8900AX-1600, 8900AX-2400, 8900X
techtech

Port forwarding on 8900 with firmware 2.50a.d23

Post by techtech »

BiPAC 8900AX R2 - OK, I am going mad with this, port forwarding will not work, moved to 2.50a.d23 which apparently fixed this but no luck. Reset to factory but then did restore previous settings, still nothing.

Should I reset to factory with this firmware and start again or go to latest firmware release? I have a lot of settings which are a pain to add again but :roll:

I have emailed support but this isn't going to be rocket science I am sure, amazed I have never used port forwarding on this one before, VPN was setup, I also have dynamic dns running if that causes issues.

Thanks
billion_fan

Re: Port forwarding on 8900 with firmware 2.50a.d23

Post by billion_fan »

techtech wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 3:21 pm BiPAC 8900AX R2 - OK, I am going mad with this, port forwarding will not work, moved to 2.50a.d23 which apparently fixed this but no luck. Reset to factory but then did restore previous settings, still nothing.

Should I reset to factory with this firmware and start again or go to latest firmware release? I have a lot of settings which are a pain to add again but :roll:

I have emailed support but this isn't going to be rocket science I am sure, amazed I have never used port forwarding on this one before, VPN was setup, I also have dynamic dns running if that causes issues.

Thanks
I would use the latest firmware.

When port forwarding, on the virtual server page make sure your select the correct 'Interface' (you can check which interface you are using under 'Status >> WAN'

Then when adding the rule, make sure you select the correct interface. also make sure the device you are port forwarding too, has the correct gateway address selected. (gateway address should point to the Billion)
techtech

Re: Port forwarding on 8900 with firmware 2.50a.d23

Post by techtech »

Interface was correct, for some reason it worked when I removed the forward and entered it again :shock:

In the end I went to firmware 2.50a.dc27 but now the connection drops sync randomly which is annoying so might just go to latest release. I normally like to stay a few versions behind in the hope it will be more stable. Original firmware I'd been on was incredibly stable, anyway, let's see what happens if I go to latest.

Thanks for the reply :D