8900X R2 and G.IMP and Vectoring

Discussions for BiPAC 8900 series: 8900AX-1600, 8900AX-2400, 8900X
flystarone

8900X R2 and G.IMP and Vectoring

Post by flystarone »

Hi,
I know it is fairly new but.......
Does the Bipac 8900 series support G.IMP and vectoring out of the box as there does not appear to be much info on this or firmware upgrades.
Do the stats show the status on the GUI ??
billion_fan

Re: 8900X R2 and G.IMP and Vectoring

Post by billion_fan »

flystarone wrote:Hi,
I know it is fairly new but.......
Does the Bipac 8900 series support G.IMP and vectoring out of the box as there does not appear to be much info on this or firmware upgrades.
Do the stats show the status on the GUI ??

Yes the 1600 and 2400 both support G.INP out of the box.

On the web gui you can look out for (D (interleaver depth) 16 and INP (DMT symbol) 48.00) but if you run dslstats it will tell you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
flystarone

Post by flystarone »

Hi Billion_fan,
Thanks for the detailed info .....it's appreciated !!

I am actually looking at just the modem router model and not the wifi version as I am using access points with my fibre router.

I want to replace my Talktalk HG633 for a better modem as it has been stuck in Inteleave mode for a long time even though the stats are good with no disconnections inside of 20-30 days !! Talk talk won't help at all.
I am undecided between the Billion 8900x R2 or the Draytek 2860 models.

Any suggestions ??
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

flystarone wrote:Hi Billion_fan,
Thanks for the detailed info .....it's appreciated !!

I am actually looking at just the modem router model and not the wifi version as I am using access points with my fibre router.

I want to replace my Talktalk HG633 for a better modem as it has been stuck in Inteleave mode for a long time even though the stats are good with no disconnections inside of 20-30 days !! Talk talk won't help at all.
I am undecided between the Billion 8900x R2 or the Draytek 2860 models.

Any suggestions ??
If you need a VPN model the 8900xR2 will be fine. (it has giga ports etc so you should be fine)

I can't comment the Draytek 2860 as I've never used one (as you can tell by my forum tag lol)
mawheele

Post by mawheele »

I've used both. For long phone lines, the Billion will yield you 25% more bandwidth based on my experience. The Billion has a Broadco based modem, whilst the Draytek has a Lantiq. I get 18.5MBps with Billion and Netgear D7000 and only 14.5MBps on the Draytek.

Obviously lots more to weigh up but this was important to me.
flystarone

Post by flystarone »

Hi,
Thanks for the info !!
I am very close to my FTTC and as such do not have the line length issues.
My connection speeds are at the maximum of 80mb down and 20 mb up with achievable of 129mb and 37mb.
I am just trying to get my Fastpath mode back which the talktalk HG633 is not doing at the moment.
My current pings are 20-30ms and I remember when I first connected it was less than 10ms on fastpath.
I think I will try the Billion and see how I get on with it !!
flystarone

Post by flystarone »

Hi Billion_fan,
Just wondering if you can help........
I have just connected the 8900x R2 to my Talktalk VDSL line and the stats are attached.
Any ideas on how I can tell if interleaving is on or off...I can expect it to be on just now as this was the case with my old talktalk router but I am hoping it will switch to fastpath at some stage if the stats look good..just dont know what it would look like on this complex piece of kit......What are your thoughts ??

Next thing to sort is multicast ....not checked if it's working yet though!!

Many thanks !!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

flystarone wrote:Hi Billion_fan,
Just wondering if you can help........
I have just connected the 8900x R2 to my Talktalk VDSL line and the stats are attached.
Any ideas on how I can tell if interleaving is on or off...I can expect it to be on just now as this was the case with my old talktalk router but I am hoping it will switch to fastpath at some stage if the stats look good..just dont know what it would look like on this complex piece of kit......What are your thoughts ??

Next thing to sort is multicast ....not checked if it's working yet though!!

Many thanks !!
D; Interleave depth (1=fast path).
flystarone

Post by flystarone »

Thanks!!