KRACK Attack Updates?

General discussions for anything not model specific
phreder

KRACK Attack Updates?

Post by phreder »

Will Billion be offering updates in response to potential WPA2 attacks? For older routers? My own interest is in the BIPAC 7800DXL.
billion_fan

Re: KRACK Attack Updates?

Post by billion_fan »

phreder wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:23 pm Will Billion be offering updates in response to potential WPA2 attacks? For older routers? My own interest is in the BIPAC 7800DXL.
We are currently checking with our chipset vendor (Broadcom) I will drop a update here in due course.
phreder2

Post by phreder2 »

billion_fan wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:21 am
phreder wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:23 pm Will Billion be offering updates in response to potential WPA2 attacks? For older routers? My own interest is in the BIPAC 7800DXL.
We are currently checking with our chipset vendor (Broadcom) I will drop a update here in due course.
That's good news, thanks. However...

Despite the header I am phreder. After posting yesterday I decided to update the forum's record of my email address. I was logged off with the message that an email had been sent to complete the process. It didn't arrive, nor when I re-requested. I presume the forum's mail has been blacklisted, possibly by Barracuda Central which is used by my ISP. Trying to log in tells me to contact the board administrator in case of problems. There doesn't seem to be any way of doing that.

I've resorted to creating a new ID & address to post this. Google also seems to see the forum's mail as spam but I was able to rescue that one. Any way to get my original ID back. Sorry for mis-appropriating the thread. Doesn't seem to be any other way to make contact.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

Update regarding this vulnerability can be found below

http://www.billion.uk.com/esupport/inde ... nerability
phreder2

Post by phreder2 »

Good news. Thanks.

Less good... Received your PM, thanks. Unfortunately still can't login even with the new password. Maybe just delete the old acount?
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

phreder2 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:26 am Good news. Thanks.

Less good... Received your PM, thanks. Unfortunately still can't login even with the new password. Maybe just delete the old acount?
I'll check with admin again, we only encountered these issues since the forum update.
billion_fan

Post by billion_fan »

phreder2 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:26 am Good news. Thanks.

PM sent