Can I take pure ADSL out of the router

General discussions for anything not model specific
golightlygl

Can I take pure ADSL out of the router

Post by golightlygl »

I need a multi-WAN router that also enables me to bridge the ADSL directly out of the modem part, into another, unconnected router. So I want:

Billion acting as modem and router providing one or more internal private IP networks presenting one or more static IPs (provided by ISP) to the outside world
Billion simultaneously acting as a pure ADSL modem passing non-NATted traffic presenting other static IPs (provided by ISP)

Assuming I am told "yes, the Billion can handle this easily", my next question is:

Can I set up multiple static IPs on each of the two WAN connections so that when the router is using WAN1, static IP from ISP1 is presented and when using WAN2 staticIP from ISP2 is presented?

Is there a 7800 router that will give me what I need?
billion_fan

Re: Can I take pure ADSL out of the router

Post by billion_fan »

golightlygl wrote:I need a multi-WAN router that also enables me to bridge the ADSL directly out of the modem part, into another, unconnected router. So I want:

Billion acting as modem and router providing one or more internal private IP networks presenting one or more static IPs (provided by ISP) to the outside world
Billion simultaneously acting as a pure ADSL modem passing non-NATted traffic presenting other static IPs (provided by ISP)

Assuming I am told "yes, the Billion can handle this easily", my next question is:

Can I set up multiple static IPs on each of the two WAN connections so that when the router is using WAN1, static IP from ISP1 is presented and when using WAN2 staticIP from ISP2 is presented?

Is there a 7800 router that will give me what I need?
Non of our Billion routers have dual WAN concurrent connections, so you can't use two different ISP' connections with our devices, you need a dual WAN load balancing modem/router to do this (so traffic can go out on WAN 1 and other traffic can out on WAN 2)

The router can do no nat if needed, one static IP will be assigned to the router (as stated by the ISP) and others can be assigned to other devices, so they will totally exposed the to the internet.

Or the 7800 series can also do one to one NAT, where a devices connected to the router will get a internal IP, this internal IP will be mapped to static WAN IP, and will also be totally exposed to the internet.